Central locking issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-19, 12:07 AM   #1

Default Central locking issue

Hello all,
I have a peugeot expert on a 2007 plate but it’s the pre facelift model so same as 2006/2005.
The central locking stopped working a while back about 6 months ago. The fob would lock and then instantly unlock all doors. I left it then but decided to try and fix it now.

I replaced the rear door lock as that had failed. And thought that will be it... but no it’s not
All doors apart from the drivers door lock and unlock when you press on the fob.
The drivers door lock i have a replacement but the replacement has the same issue so i fitted the original again. When the drivers door is open the interior light comes on and goes off when the door is closed. However the drivers door just won’t lock with central locking.
If you lock the drivers door with the key, only the drivers door locks
If you try locking the passenger side door, it tries to lock all doors but unlocks instantly likely due to the drivers door not locking.

I’ve inspected the drivers door wiring, all seems okay. (It’s a 6 pin connector the lock-does anyone have a wiring diagram??)

All seems fine, i just can’t seem to work out the problem with the drivers door. The speaker and window works on the drivers door by the way, so there is some power going to the door.
I’ve had a look at an online wiring diagram and there’s no specific fuse for the central locking, does anyone know if there is a fuse for the drivers door central locking or central locking in general and where is it?
I don’t have planet to run diagnostics with, which is a shame but it would probably come back with a fault on the drivers door lock.
Ideally need a wiring diagram for the door lock, or if someone has had a similar problem it’d be nice to know what you’ve done
Shaks5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-06-19, 07:46 AM   #2

It could be a short on the passenger door wiring, or even in the passenger door lock.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-06-19, 09:45 AM   #3

I didn’t think of that. I presumed the drivers door lock control module controls the rest of the locks. I’ll look into that tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
It could be a short on the passenger door wiring, or even in the passenger door lock.

Old 26-06-19, 01:04 PM   #4

The van is basically thinking a door is not closed and wont allow it to lock it could be various things but my bet is wiring at doors as already suggested ANY lock with a fault or faulty wiring will stop it locking.
Old 26-06-19, 02:52 PM   #5

The fault i think is with the drivers door, as when all the other doors lock and unlock, the drivers isn’t affected. But the wiring inside the door and the pillar is fine and the locks been replaced.
The drivers door does however turn the interior light on when opened and this goes off when it’s closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
The van is basically thinking a door is not closed and wont allow it to lock it could be various things but my bet is wiring at doors as already suggested ANY lock with a fault or faulty wiring will stop it locking.
Old 27-06-19, 05:42 AM   #6

I would look elsewhere then we have loads of theses vans at work and some even though the doors or side
Doors are closed you need to properly slam them no idea why but maybe worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27-06-19, 08:23 AM   #7

Drivers door not bouncing sounds to me like it IS working ! I recon your fault is with another door/wiring

Interior light works of a button switch on door frame nothing to do with locking system.
Old 28-06-19, 07:56 AM   #8

I’ve checked every door, all the wiring seems fine. The 2 side doors and the rear doors have a door sensor and a 12v actuator to lock them. The door sensor works fine and the actuator works fine. No obvious signs of damage to wiring within the door or frame. The passenger door lock i also changed which has made no difference. No signs of damage to wiring in drivers door or passenger. However the drivers door isn’t getting a lock/unlock signal.
The drivers door is the only door that doesn’t attempt to lock or unlock with the central locking, and only locking itself with the key. If i try locking the passenger door with the key the central locking kicks in and locks all doors followed by instantly unlocking all doors including the passenger door.
So the fault must surely be with the wiring leading to the drivers door lock?
I removed the driver side kick panel and there’s no signs of damage to the wiring there either but i don’t know which wires are responsible for the central locking
Does anyone know?
Quote:
Drivers door not bouncing sounds to me like it IS working ! I recon your fault is with another door/wiring

Interior light works of a button switch on door frame nothing to do with locking system.
Old 28-06-19, 03:25 PM   #9

The wiring breaks in the part between the door pillar and the inside of the door your looking in the wrong place.

Inside the rubber cover between the body and the door its a very common issue and is no doubt your issue too
Old 02-07-19, 01:08 AM   #10

Sorry for the delayed reply.
Yes i have checked between the door pillar and the door. The wiring appears perfectly fine from before the door pillar all the way to the lock-including inside the rubber boot between the door and door frame.

I’ve checked that for all doors as well.
There were some faults which i rectified last week, rear door lock was failed, sliding door open sensor was faulty but both have been replaced and work fine now. The drivers door lock has also been replaced and the passenger side one. Both came from a working van and was tested in the other van before removing

Wiring wise it all seems fine with no onbvious damage or cuts.

A previous post said the drivers door lock not bouncing is a sign of it working, but if it doesn’t even attempt to lock at all with central locking then surely theres a fault relating to the drivers door??
Is there any wiring diagrams for where the lock/unlock signal come from for the drivers door?
Or does it require someone with planet to diagnose now?

Quote:
The wiring breaks in the part between the door pillar and the inside of the door your looking in the wrong place.

Inside the rubber cover between the body and the door its a very common issue and is no doubt your issue too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in