Can the 407 alloys be put on the Expert? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-16, 09:07 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Can the 407 alloys be put on the Expert?

I might be able to get my hands on some standard 407 wheels, the 5 spoke ones. Will they fit my Expert if I swap the tyres over?
76zedfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-04-16, 11:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76zedfour View Post
I might be able to get my hands on some standard 407 wheels, the 5 spoke ones. Will they fit my Expert if I swap the tyres over?
Sooo 407 have 16" and 17" 5 spoke wheels. If 16" tire size for 407 is 205x60x16. (you cant fit 16" tire on 17" rim and vice versa) I assume if you are talking about 16" I assume it would fit only problem I see if those will clear the fenders

Since for 407 rims have offset of 44mm and for Expert suggested ones are from 39-42 so you are 2mm off what is specified. If anyone else here havent tried I guess you wont know until you place the rim on the Expert and see if it will scrub anywhere when suspension is compressed

You can see for yourself here
Peugeot Expert Tepee 2009 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

Hope this helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-04-16, 07:05 AM   #3

More importantly is your expert a pre 2006 or the newer 2007 on?

The earlier is 5x98 pcd, et 25 and centre bore 58.1mm

The later is 5108 pcd, et 32-42 and centre bore 65.1mm

In other words if you have an early van the 407 alloys won't fit. If its the later then they should with appropriate tyres.

If you have an early van the popular wheel source would be alfa's
PCD 5x98 58.1 wheels -Wheelfitment.eu | PCD, Offset, Center Bore, mounting and tire size data
ash1293 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-04-16, 08:06 AM   #4
Inactive User

thanks for replies. Been reading that spec link
My Expert is a 2008.
The 407 wheels are five stud and have 205/60/16 tyres on.

I can see the 407 is a 6.5J width wheel whereas the Expert standard is a 7J which I assume is width in inches. Will the 215 tyres be fine on the smaller width wheel? And am I right in thinking I do need to put 215 tyres on as the odometer is set to have a 16" wheel with a 215/60 tyres as the 60 refers to percentage of the width rather than actual depth of tyre in mm? So a 205/60 is actually a different depth and hence a different length of wheel rotation?

Last edited by 76zedfour; 14-04-16 at 08:11 AM.
Old 14-04-16, 08:20 AM   #5

Quote:
thanks for replies. Been reading that spec link
My Expert is a 2008.
The 407 wheels are five stud and have 205/60/16 tyres on.
They should fit.

Although you could run the 205/60 your speedo would be out a little - approx 2% too fast.
They could look a little silly in the arches as would be smaller.
But more importantly would the be the correct load rating for the van - can have insurance implicatons. The same can be said for the wheels as they too should have correct load rating for the vehicle they are used on.
ash1293 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-04-16, 08:33 AM   #6
Inactive User

Just realised what you said.
Do you think the 407 alloys arent up to the loading of the expert? My van is the MPV Tepee and been stripped out to be fitted as a one person camper so doubt future weight would be anywhere near a working van
Old 14-04-16, 08:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Just realised what you said.
Do you think the 407 alloys arent up to the loading of the expert? My van is the MPV Tepee and been stripped out to be fitted as a one person camper so doubt future weight would be anywhere near a working van
Don't quote me but I'd say the OEM wheels should be up to the job, some cheap after market may not. However I wouldn't be overly keen on fitting a narrower wheel than originally specified unless it was a set of skinny snow tyres for limited winter use.

Have you considered the 17" alloys? Would fill arches nicely and there is quite a lot of choice in 17" now with correct load rating. Think that they may be 7" wide however would need to check.

But back to the original question
- would the wheels fit - yes
- would the 215's fit the 6.5" rims - yes, slight sidewall bulge but nothing bad
Old 14-04-16, 10:05 AM   #8
Inactive User

thanks ash. all this new to me. very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in