2012 expert 2.0 hdi snapped timig belt - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-18, 11:25 AM   #1

Default 2012 expert 2.0 hdi snapped timig belt

Hi guys,dont know whether im in right place so i apologize if im not.
I have a 2012 expert 2.0 HDI euro 5 engine timing belt snapped on start up sounds like rockers have broken is there any manual around to help me strip top of engine down Haynes haven't published one yet
fleck 82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-18, 01:21 PM   #2

Going on the posts by Reliable 406 you need to replace the timing belt, start the engine to get it hot then remove the injectors and rocker cover then replace any broken rockers, back together and off you go. This is assuming it is a PSA engine. Engine might even be OK.
Can all be done in 2 hrs but in reality if it was me with my limited skills I would be allowing a week and of course this is assuming the injectors will come out.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-18, 03:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleck 82 View Post
Hi guys,dont know whether im in right place so i apologize if im not.
I have a 2012 expert 2.0 HDI euro 5 engine timing belt snapped on start up sounds like rockers have broken is there any manual around to help me strip top of engine down Haynes haven't published one yet
its probably an rhk engine, if so the injectors usually are not as bad to remove as the pre 07 engines. basically remove the belt,rocker cover, injectors and cam housing. not really difficult just a lot of bolts.
salster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-18, 04:30 PM   #4

Engines DO start with broken rockers and this is the easiest way to get stubborn injectors out without damaging them but as salster says the later engines had a bit more clearance so injectors will generally come out ok its just LOTS of bolts.

The spill pipes and injector pipes all need to be replaced in the correct order take your time and its not a hard engine to fix take pics as you go so you remember correct order.

1 thing that can go wrong is you can get the alloy top part of head off without removing the fuel pump but when you replace it it can pull down the pumps sealing gasket with it resulting in an oil leak so best to remove the pumps fuel and vacuum to avoid this issue otherwise its just a case of taking your time.

RHR engines in 307 407 etc are essentially the same thing so you might find some info online for them if you want pics.
mooi1uk likes this.
Old 11-11-18, 04:49 PM   #5

Haynes do a manual, go to their website it's available as a digital download
spev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in