2011 EXPERT 2.0 HDi Whirring Noise - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-17, 02:23 PM   #1

Default 2011 EXPERT 2.0 HDi Whirring Noise

Hi all, hoping someone can help identify the cause of my following issue.

I have a 2011 Peugeot Expert L1 Diesel - 2.0 HDi Professional Van that has developed a whirring noise which becomes more audible at speeds of 50mph & above. First thoughts are that it was dry / worn front wheel bearings but having had them both replaced the whirring noise remains.

Best description of the whirring noise I can offer is that it sounds just like a hotpoint washing machine in spin dry cycle with an uneven load. As I increase speed the rough dry bearing type noise resonates faster and is even more apparent when I apply accelleration. The whirring noise can still be heard to a lesser degree if I put the gears in neutral and take my foot of the clutch and let the van coast along at speed.

I'm convinced its a worn bearing somewhere, but where....a driveshaft, gearbox, differential, clutch etc ?

Have spoken to my local garage & nearest Peugeot dealership but neither can offer guarranteed fix with out going through a process of elimination by replacing parts at my expence !

Anyone who's experienced similar issues your thoughts would be much appreciated.
PeterPainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-17, 02:55 PM   #2

Check the bearing in the drivers side driveshaft it fits into rear lower engine mount area and i have seen them get noisy in past you might need the shaft out to be sure if its duff or not.
Old 04-11-17, 11:35 PM   #3

Thanks for the advise reliable406...will get that checked out...
PeterPainter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in