2007 Expert replacing EGR valve ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-13, 08:23 PM   #1
j11
Inactive User

Default 2007 Expert replacing EGR valve ?

Hi All,

I've got a suspect faulty egr valve on a 2007 (new shape) Expert, 2.0 hdi.

Very rough idle, if i try and add any throttle it will splutter and cut out, i'm going to put a diagnostic tool on it in the morning to double check.

Has anybody on here replaced an egr valve on the new shape Expert? If so any advise would be really appreciated, i'm going to try and tackle it tomorrow.

Thanks
j11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-13, 09:40 PM   #2

Its easiest on a ramp as you need to get under and above !

If you remove the big black metal air intake you will then be able to reach the valve but its fiddly if you have not done it before best to remove plastic intake pipe from turbo and lift it out the way completely gives you room to feel around.

Diagnostic may not show much as its usually the mechanical side of the valve that breaks
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-13, 10:26 PM   #3
j11
Inactive User

Thanks, will give a try tomorrow

Old 09-11-13, 04:43 PM   #4
j11
Inactive User

Hooked up the diagnostic tool and i got trouble code 2143 which after checking on the net is a faulty EGR and is giving an EGR position of -17, does that position mean anything to anybody? Would -17 indicate a faulty EGR?

I just want to be certain before i attempt the removal tomorrow.

Also is there anyway of removing the valve via the bonnet instead of going under the van? As i don't have a ramp

Thanks!
Old 31-05-15, 07:45 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by j11 View Post
Hooked up the diagnostic tool and i got trouble code 2143 which after checking on the net is a faulty EGR and is giving an EGR position of -17, does that position mean anything to anybody? Would -17 indicate a faulty EGR?

I just want to be certain before i attempt the removal tomorrow.

Also is there anyway of removing the valve via the bonnet instead of going under the van? As i don't have a ramp

Thanks!
Hello, I had an EGR valve replaced earlier this year on my new shape 2007 2ltr . I won't take all of the glory but it was done totally from the top end. A used interior mirror was a massive help as it fitted perfectly into the bulkhead allowing good vision while doing the job. Good Luck a bit fiddly but once it was completed drove like new.
GeordieJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-15, 11:26 AM   #6

Blank it off and you'll never need to replace it again. Only 4 quid for blanking plate and fits in 5 minutes. Did mine 2 years ago and car has never run better and no warning lights on dash either.

EGR valve blanking plate Ford 2.0 TDCi Peugeot 2.0HDi Citroen 2.0 HDi Volvo 2.0 | eBay
E7 58reg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-15, 11:50 AM   #7

Either blank it off, or disconnect the Solenoid to it (This will only work if it is not stuck open all the time
Phil_dodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in