2006 Expert ECU to Coolant Temperature Sensor Wiring Help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-12, 06:41 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2006 Expert ECU to Coolant Temperature Sensor Wiring Help

Good morning all,

Am in need of a bit of assistance from you lovely guys with regard to me Expert 2.0 HDI (2006).

I have sent the ECU off to be tested as recommended by local (good garage scheme) garage.

The fan comes on as soon as engine is started and im getting no temperature reading on the dash and the red warning light is on all the time. This rises at a slow rate and resets back to zero when engine stopped and restarted.

The coolant temperature sensor has been changed with no change and the local garage stated there was no feed coming from the sensor.

Therefore, whilst the ECU is on route to All Car Electronics, I wanted to use my multi meter to check the wiring from the ECU plug to the engine coolant temperature sensor to eliminate a possible broken wire.

I don't suppose any of you lovely guys know what pins / points are to the engine coolant temperature sensor from the ECU connectors do you? If so, I dont suppose you could give a picture of it so that I can check from both ends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Peugeot have told me that they would do a complete engine wiring loom for 800 which is out my league totally, with a small family to support that would just be way to much to spend if could be prevented.
Thank you everybody, hope you have a cracking day
Stinkyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-12, 08:18 AM   #2

Hi Stinkyfeet,
What engine have you got in the expert..?
1.9D or 2.0 Hdi.
Also post up the last 8 digits of your vin number to confirm..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
risky1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-12, 10:17 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thank you for getting back to me

Yep it 2.0l HDI and the last 8 digits are 86228097

Big thank you

Old 22-05-12, 12:45 PM   #4

Going by autodata pin 1 on the sensor (green cable) goes to D1 on the engine ecu and Pin 2 sensor (yellow cable) goes to E1 on the engine ecu.
Both pins are on the 48pin brown ecu plug...Hope it helps..
Ron.
Stinkyfeet likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 22-05-12, 04:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

Just as a side question on this, the temp needle on my 55 Expert 1.9D just dropped to full left today (it has been working fine till now) so I need to start some checking.
Where exactly is the sensor located - I'm figuring possibly a wire fault to start with?
Handyandy-UK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-12, 05:13 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyandy-UK View Post
Just as a side question on this, the temp needle on my 55 Expert 1.9D just dropped to full left today (it has been working fine till now) so I need to start some checking.
Where exactly is the sensor located - I'm figuring possibly a wire fault to start with?
Think your would be in same location mate, just under airfilter block on right of engine.
Old 22-05-12, 05:26 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky1 View Post
Going by autodata pin 1 on the sensor (green cable) goes to D1 on the engine ecu and Pin 2 sensor (yellow cable) goes to E1 on the engine ecu.
Both pins are on the 48pin brown ecu plug...Hope it helps..
Ron.
Mate you are a complete star, found the yellow wire has come away from the Brown plug that goes into the ECU, checked with multi meter and reading going through.

Now the tricky bit, I have included some pictures and do have a soldering iron that I have used millions times.

As you can see from the pictures, what would be the best way of connecting this wire back to the harness?
I notice the blue block within the ECU plug, would removing this be a option if it does come out of the adapter?

Many thanks for the great help and assistance, it is truly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
20120522_164852.jpg   20120522_164926.jpg   20120522_164941.jpg  
risky1 likes this.
Old 22-05-12, 06:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyfeet View Post
Mate you are a complete star, found the yellow wire has come away from the Brown plug that goes into the ECU, checked with multi meter and reading going through.

Now the tricky bit, I have included some pictures and do have a soldering iron that I have used millions times.

As you can see from the pictures, what would be the best way of connecting this wire back to the harness?
I notice the blue block within the ECU plug, would removing this be a option if it does come out of the adapter?

Many thanks for the great help and assistance, it is truly appreciated.
Well spotted...
These plugs/connectors are next to impossible to strip down with breaking..
If you tin the tip of the yellow wire with solder is there enough room to solder it onto the plug/connector pin...?

Welldone again..
Ron.
Stinkyfeet likes this.

Old 22-05-12, 07:06 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky1 View Post
Well spotted...
These plugs/connectors are next to impossible to strip down with breaking..
If you tin the tip of the yellow wire with solder is there enough room to solder it onto the plug/connector pin...?

Welldone again..
Ron.
No thank you Ron, without your help I could have spent far longer and never located the problem, local garages haven't spotted it

Yep I was worrying that would be the case, so like you said, possible way forward is to remove some more of the outer (yellow) coating, tin the amount of wire showing and try and solder it back into position as the wire goes in a good 1 inch before reaching its old home, therefore would need to heat up lower down and hope that hits the spot. What a bugger hey lol.
Thank you so much mate
Wayne
Old 22-05-12, 08:16 PM   #10
Inactive User

Ok,I think I found it if it has a green plug going to it and is in a metal 'lump' just the front of the manual priming pump. Many thanks.

Completely off topic, any ideas where the other end of the think hose coming out the bottom of (I assume) the fuel filter housing (black plastic canister beside manual priming pump) shold be attached..... if anywhere ?

Back on topic, those little connectors in multiplug blocks are anchored by a small barb/tang on the 'back' of the clip. If you look into the end of the multiplug you should see the contact clips are typically : on one side and | on the other. If you slide a flat blade instrument screwdriver or similar up the one piece clip and the plastic of the plug, you should be able to release the tang and just push out the remainder of the clip. Replacement clips are available at old fashioned type motor factors.
Handyandy-UK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in