2.0hdi overboost trouble - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-18, 08:38 PM   #1

Default 2.0hdi overboost trouble

I've started to work through the various problems relating to the Overboost error on my RHK 2.0hdi
I've installed Lexia3/Diagbox so I can properly see what is happening when overboost happens and the van drops into limp mode
this is a detail of the variables that happened at the time of the most recent event:-
ENGINE SPEED 2272rpm
OUTPUT INJECTED 43.18 mg/impulse
ENGINE COOLANT TEMP 94c
VEHICLE SPEED 51kph
ENGINE STATUS Under Load
TURBO PRESSURE MEASURED 1982mbar
TURBO PRESSURE REF VALUE 1747mbar
MEASURED AIR FLOW 1221 mg/impulse
TURBO ELECTROVALVE OPEN CYCLE RATIO 1%
TURBO POSITION REPEAT 29%
TURBO REGULATION STATUS Regulated

now this is all a bit new to me but I understand some of it (I think) but that tells me that i'm getting about 250mbar of boost pressure too much. The solenoid should shut off the vacuum to the actuator to reduce boost and the prevent this from happening.
I've replaced the solenoid and tested all the vacuum lines for leaks, the solenoid is getting power and the diagnostic says its working (and I can hear/feel it opening and closing when its doing its test).
But (and this might be nothing) but when the solenoid is shut and I blow down a hose connected to it I can feel the air coming out of the supposedly shut output. If I do this with the old (replaced it because it was a bit sticky) solenoid it doesnt allow air to pass at all unless its switched.
Does this mean I have a new faulty solenoid?

sorry for the long winded post
spev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-18, 10:08 PM   #2

Further to that long winded and rambling post, I have two hoses, one coming from the vacuum pump and another going from the solenoid to the turbo actuator.
The solenoid has three connectors on it, now I'm 99.99% sure I have them in the right places but just in case,
1.from the vacuum pump the hose connects to the inlet on the end of the solenoid (power connecter on the left as your looking at it , the connector furthest to the right on the end)
2.from the solenoid to the turbo acuator, the connector immediately to the left of the inlet from the vacuum pump
3.the connecter nearest the middle of the solenoid,mine has a blanked of bit of hose going nowhere (the one on my diagram looks more sophisticated with a plastic thing on the end, mine looks like its been crushed and melted)

Anybody can confirm or deny how it should be?
spev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-18, 11:17 AM   #3

Asked the same question about pipes for my 1.6hdi got no answer's and nothing on the net (that i could find)

I went to ebay found a whole engine for sale and looked at the pics and worked it out from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
martins-place is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in