2.0 / 1.6 difference - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-17, 08:11 PM   #1

Default 2.0 / 1.6 difference

Hi i'm after some front legs for a expert tepee 1.6 hdi now i have found the parts i need but there of a 2.0 hdi so whats the difference thay must fit the same the engines prob weigh the same just diff cc ?

To me the body and running gear looks the same so why are things listed as 2.0 only is there a difference ?
martins-place is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-04-17, 08:09 PM   #2

I think they are the same between the two, the only thing that might be different is suspension between say a 1.6 swb and a 2.0 chassis cab. I have had a 1.6 swb tepee and a 2.0 lwb tepee & all suspension & brakes are the same between them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Ian Mallett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-17, 08:14 PM   #3

Thanx i got a expert tepee lwb 1.6 the legs i have found are from a van so hoping there is no difference.

Old 17-04-17, 09:23 PM   #4

As far as fitting is concerned they will physically fit fine as they are the same the only thing that will differ are the spring rates and i agree i doubt there is much difference the 2 litre engine is a little heavier overall but not a great deal.
Ian Mallett likes this.
Old 17-04-17, 10:58 PM   #5

If it's any help when I changed the air suspension to springs I did a lot of digging.to find.the "correct" springs to replace with, eventually I found them as obviously nothing came up on my reg. apart from air suspension. But I know my 2.0 lwb has the same rear springs & shocks as the 1.6 swb. So I would imagine the front is the same too.
Top mounts are really pricey for them too, but you can buy the bearings separately to the mounts and the mounts are pretty solid so rarely need changing. Iirc, complete top mount assembly is about 70 each side, but bearings alone were about 30 each. Anti roll bar bushes are a nasty nasty achilees heel on the expert too, I change mine every service now. (12000 miles)

Old 17-04-17, 11:12 PM   #6

Rear was air bags to but now running on springs the front has a bang on both sides if you go over a manhole or drain (depending on what wheel hits it to the bang side) i did a quick check with a bar but found nothing that moves so figure its the legs the mot is due so i guess there let me know whats the bang. (Gonna change the front legs anyway piece of mind)
Old 17-04-17, 11:35 PM   #7

180k and not a sound from front shocks, I would go with anti roll bar bushes as a main culprit if the noise sounds low down in the footwells rather than high up behind the dash. I had my 1st one in a garage many times looking for a banging noise, they couldn't find anything wrong until they put van on a special ramp that shakes and then put pry bar in anti roll bar the noise stopped. Trouble is, peugeot will only sell you a complete new anti roll bar with sealed bushes attatched. If you eBay search you can buy a conversion kit for about 50 to allow you to change just the rubber bushes. Well worth it.

Old 17-04-17, 11:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Mallett View Post
180k and not a sound from front shocks, I would go with anti roll bar bushes as a main culprit if the noise sounds low down in the footwells rather than high up behind the dash. I had my 1st one in a garage many times looking for a banging noise, they couldn't find anything wrong until they put van on a special ramp that shakes and then put pry bar in anti roll bar the noise stopped. Trouble is, peugeot will only sell you a complete new anti roll bar with sealed bushes attatched. If you eBay search you can buy a conversion kit for about 50 to allow you to change just the rubber bushes. Well worth it.

shaking sounds like the way to go as it is quite bad on bumps and it does not sound from the top thinking about it now. i only suspected the tops of legs due to me looking at it all with a bar and found nothing.
Old 18-04-17, 07:51 AM   #9

Bangs and rattles over bumps are usually the antiroll bar bushes and you need to buy the whole bar !!

What we done was ordered the bushes for the older version van cut the clamps open in the original bar fit the bigger older style bushes and thats it cured never had to do them again.
Old 18-04-17, 10:44 AM   #10

This is the conversion kit for arb bushes. Some of the factory bars are sleeved together & some are welded. Cut the clamps off, fit this kit in place then you can just change bushes like a normal arb.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230865768002

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in