1999 Expert needing new injector seal kit - but not available... any thoughts??? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-17, 11:39 AM   #1

Default 1999 Expert needing new injector seal kit - but not available... any thoughts???

Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with my old Expert van. I recently decided to put a new second hand engine in after the old one blew. The problem is when fitting the new engine I had to transfer the old injectors across and the washers with it are pretty degraded. This is creating a lot of smoke, mostly when idle, and a bit of miss-firing.

I've tried to get a injector seal kit from Peugeot, but they are not supplied anymore.

Has anyone got any thoughts on what I could do? I have heard you can heat the copper rings back up to soften them, the problem is the rubber o-rings. I'm sure there has got to be some out there that will fit, it's just hard to work out without measurements of new o-rings when looking online and I don't want to waste money by buying loads in hope one will fit.

Oh and it's a XUD 1.9 TD engine (90bhp).

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly received.

Many thanks,

Martyn
Griffiths.M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-17, 04:38 PM   #2

An xud engine has no o rings its just the copper seal and heating them up is all that would be necessary there is also a small wavy washer in the middle but no O rings

I doubt the seals are the reason for your smoke.

XUD turbos can have bosch or lucas fuel systems and they cannot be mixed also there are various pressure ranges on them are you sure you have the correct match ?
Old 22-11-17, 04:47 PM   #3

Thanks reliable406,

I had just assumed it had rubber o-rings, but will be taking the injectors out tomorrow and will investigate the fuel system too. What's the best way to check if it matches? I am pretty sure I got the right engine to swap with the existing one.

Thanks again,

Martyn

Old 22-11-17, 05:10 PM   #4

Its nothing to do with the engine as to what injectors it has its down to fuel system and power output

Are you using the full engine with pump and injectors it came with ?
Old 22-11-17, 05:13 PM   #5

No the engine was supposed to come complete, but it was missing the injectors, so I had to transfer these across from the old engine. I also replaced the fuel pump with a new one
Old 22-11-17, 05:23 PM   #6

So you have a new pump with your old injectors that may be your issue as the opening pressure of the injectors can vary depending on age and power output as well as bosch and lucas systems being different.

Its much better to fit complete engines with these to avoid fueling issues

Post up a pic of the pump and injectors
Old 22-11-17, 05:34 PM   #7

Ok thanks, I'll try and get a few pics up tomorrow. Would new injectors help then? How do I find out which fuel system I have?
Old 22-11-17, 05:35 PM   #8

Or would the old pump on the old engine be better?
Old 22-11-17, 06:27 PM   #9

The pump and injectors are matched to each other your new pump may not be correct you have simply added more maybes into the mix using your original pump and injectors would probably be best bet but some pics would help identify what you have at moment

There is also a 3 digit code on a tag on the engine DHY DHX D8A D8B etc this will tell you if you have a matching engine or not as believe it or not you could have 1 of at least 10 different versions !
Old 22-11-17, 06:48 PM   #10

This is all so very helpful, thanks. I'll try and get the details here tomorrow and also find part numbers for new fuel pump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in