1.6hdi help surging revving ????? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-16, 07:21 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1.6hdi help surging revving ?????

i have an 08 expert it drives great for a while no problems but it seems when it gets hot when your lifting off the throttle to change gear and dip the clutch the engine revs surges then drops if you stop and turn off the engine wait a couple of minutes it will be fine for a while again then start doing it again after a bit more driving ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AS I DONT REALLY KNOW WHERE TO START !
minimandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-16, 07:55 AM   #2

The only way to start is by getting it diagnosed with Peugeot Planet 2000.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-16, 08:28 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
The only way to start is by getting it diagnosed with Peugeot Planet 2000.
yes but typically no one on the map is even close to me (NORFOLK) i was just hoping that someone may have encountered the problem before and could point me in the right direction as i dont want to spend alot of money on a program and there be no fault logged i feel there probably wont be a fault logged as its had this problem for over 5 years it doesnt affect me on a daily basis local journeys and driving 11 miles to work and 11 miles back doesnt play up ???? but im doing a quite a few long journeys this year and i feel its time to get this problem sorted as it really starting to bug me now

Old 05-02-16, 08:31 AM   #4
Inactive User

its got to be when something gets hot i feel could be an intermitent sensor as you can reset it by switching of the engine and switching it back on however the fault will return as you carry on driving
Old 05-02-16, 09:38 AM   #5

Well, you do as you wish, but that fault sounds like just the thing that Planet can diagnose.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-16, 09:46 AM   #6

when you stop ,before you kill the engine, can you see any clear fuel lines - is air getting in and making it surge?? ie an air leak in the fuel line
neil
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-16, 09:52 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
when you stop ,before you kill the engine, can you see any clear fuel lines - is air getting in and making it surge?? ie an air leak in the fuel line
neil
the fuel lines are black solid type so cant see but surely if it had air in the system it would do it on shorter journeys too i i was wondering it it was the turbo actuator faulty causing the turbo to over boost ?
Old 05-02-16, 11:15 AM   #8

It might be your short journeys that are the issue these engines need regular long runs to keep them happy otherwise the DPF can get clogged as can the vanes on the turbo but again as has been said without any real data its all guesswork.

You are not looking for faults live data is much more usefull as sometimes you can see a reading that is out of range but not far enough out to cause a fault to be logged
Old 05-02-16, 11:34 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
It might be your short journeys that are the issue these engines need regular long runs to keep them happy otherwise the DPF can get clogged as can the vanes on the turbo but again as has been said without any real data its all guesswork.

You are not looking for faults live data is much more usefull as sometimes you can see a reading that is out of range but not far enough out to cause a fault to be logged
is an 11 mile commute to work short and then 11 miles home 22 miles a day there and back cruising at 50-60 for 6 miles of it
i would buy the software if i was confident it would help me diagnose but i dont want to go spend the money on buying software then it tells me nothing To get the software i need i would have to get a windows xp laptop as it seems its only compatible with xp ???
i dont want to take it to a garage for them to start charging me for parts it doesn't need.
Old 05-02-16, 11:51 AM   #10
Inactive User

does anyone think it could be the turbo over boosting ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in