´02 Expert wont start, cuts out when running. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Expert
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-14, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default ´02 Expert wont start, cuts out when running.

hi. first of all, im danish, so my english isnt perfect.
Now; i have an old expert, (02). when cold, it wont always start. the engine will turn over just fine, but the tank pump doesnt start. the glow plugs arent powered either. (only when the tank pump isnt running, otherwise they work just fine.)
i have ordered a new tank pump, but have my doubts, because of the glow-thing.
today, when i wanted to drive home, the damn thing wouldnt start again. after ten tries, the pump spun up, and the light for the glow plugs lid up as well; i could hear an eletrical sound from the engine compartment, (left side), as from a poor electric connection. what could i be looking for? after that, i couldnt get the tank pump to spin up again, and had to abandon the car.

oh, the engine also cuts out when running, for half a second, then pics up again as if nothing happened.

and last, the entire thing runs poorly, lacks about 20-30 hp, and pulls fairly decent in 2 second intervals only.

the local peugeot mecanic has given up , they dont know what to fix. he blamed the EGR valve, and changed its relay, with no results.

help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly, Jonas from Denmark
jonas10001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-01-14, 07:43 PM   #2

Egr does not have a relay

Check the brown relay next to the battery this controls the pump and glowplugs and feed to ecu so if no power getting through nothing works.

Check the pins in the bottom and in the connector also check the wiring it goes to a naxi fuse in a small fusebox next to it.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-01-14, 06:03 PM   #3
Inactive User

thank you for replying.
egr "relay" was a lack of english skills. the direct translation would be "magnet valve" dont know if that makes any sence.
as for the brown box, i have replaced it today, checked wiring and fuses. no result.
what else could be causing this?
Kindly, Jonas.

Old 29-01-14, 06:09 PM   #4

Engine harnesses cause problems when they get older check for worn insulation where the cable ties hold it into the plastic trunking also check the bit near the ecu where it touches the bodyshell

There is also a small earth which bolts to block near starter motor this can break causing strange symptoms.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-14, 06:16 PM   #5
Inactive User

got the damn thing running last night. turned out to be a wire under the ecu, as you stated, that was broken inside its insulation. damn hard to find.
also found another broken wire, shold have been connected to a feeler of some sort. (top of engine compartment, cars right hand side) from the looks of the wire it was broken some time ago.

and lastly, when i got it running, it still had to little power, turned out to be the air maas meter. new one has been ordered.

pew. is there a WWW where i can see where all the vacuum tubes in the engine compartment should connect? just to make sure they´re all in the right place, as i changed the engine 8 month ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in