Water Spots after cleaning - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glen8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-19, 03:52 PM   #1

Default Water Spots after cleaning

When I clean the car, I just about always end up with water spots, until I got my 508SW, it didn't really matter as you couldn't see them as it was a silver car. But now I have the 508, it's black, so every little water mark shows.

I know it's hard water where I live, so was wondering what you all use to reduce or stop the water marks?

Cheers
Advertisement

Old 23-04-19, 06:00 PM   #2

Water spots is basically the minerals in the water drying leaving those horible marks. Options:

1. Remove the crap in the water so the spots never appear in the first place
2. Remove the water spots after washing (cheapest)
3. Have a ceramic coating applied to the car (most expensive, but awesome)

Option 1 is probably a non starter as it's expensive and complicated. It requires the purchase and upkeep of a di vessel which sits inbetween the tap and jet washer. You can google for various makes and models. https://purefinalrinse.co.uk/

Option 2 is using a spray solution such as gtechniq water spot remover

Option 3 is what I'm having done but costs start at 550 and lasts for up to 5yrs. It puts a 9H ceramic coating on the paintwork which also has hydrophobic properties so the water runs off before it can dry. It also helps with preventing swirl marks from washing and can also help give an extra barrier against bird mess etching the clearcoat. I'd recommend a ceramic coating applied to new cars, or ones you wish to keep looking in tip top shape. Older cars, or ones where the paint is in poor shape will need a correction polish prior which adds a bit to the cost. It's like always having a freshly polished car though!
humphshumphs likes this.

Last edited by glen8; 23-04-19 at 06:05 PM.
glen8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-19, 06:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen8 View Post
Water spots is basically the minerals in the water drying leaving those horible marks. Options:

1. Remove the crap in the water so the spots never appear in the first place
2. Remove the water spots after washing (cheapest)
3. Have a ceramic coating applied to the car (most expensive, but awesome)

Option 1 is probably a non starter as it's expensive and complicated. It requires the purchase and upkeep of a di vessel which sits inbetween the tap and jet washer. You can google for various makes and models. https://purefinalrinse.co.uk/

Option 2 is using a spray solution such as gtechniq water spot remover

Option 3 is what I'm having done but costs start at 550 and lasts for up to 5yrs. It puts a 9H ceramic coating on the paintwork which also has hydrophobic properties so the water runs off before it can dry. It also helps with preventing swirl marks from washing and can also help give an extra barrier against bird mess etching the clearcoat. I'd recommend a ceramic coating applied to new cars, or ones you wish to keep looking in tip top shape. Older cars, or ones where the paint is in poor shape will need a correction polish prior which adds a bit to the cost. It's like always having a freshly polished car though!
Option 2 sounds the way forward
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in