Retrofit Cruise Control/Sensor Location - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-12-17, 03:48 PM   #1

Default Retrofit Cruise Control/Sensor Location

206 -04 1.6L 16V

Hi, my dealer doesn't know what is required to retrofit CC to my car, or if possible at all. One said that if the car has a stock sensor for the clutch pedal then it only needs the CC-lever and coding in Planet which would cost around 80, whilst another is saying you need to change half the car to do this.

Q1: How can I find out if my car can be fitted with CC or not?
Q2: Where would this clutch pedal switch be located?
donaldduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-12-17, 10:07 AM   #2

I've retro fitted cruise to some cars, (not specifically a 206 though) and you need to do a little exploring first. The cars throttle needs to be 'fly by wire', i.e. controlled electrically. If it's an older mechanical pull cable, then be prepared to walk away from the project unless you REALLY want it, as you are into things like vacuum servos etc. But I once did a xsara picasso that had a cable from the accelerator pedal to the potentiometer just under the lip of the bonnet, so be sure be sure about it.

Anyway, Once you confirm the fly by wire, next thing is to see if the wiring is there. If it is you're halfway there! (again, if not then walk away). You should only need to buy 2 components, first and cheapest being the clutch pedal switch. This is the sort of thing you will be looking for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Pe...kAAOSwn-tZJwLN

I picked this one more or less at random. Cheaper ones are available, but on this you can see the electrical connection and the fact it's made for fitting into a round hole, probably held in place with a plastic nut. You need to get your head right up unto the footwell, lying on your back in the most back breaking position possible with a torch and look for a mounting point for such a switch. It will be close to the non depressed clutch pedal, such that a part of the arm would touch the switch. If you find it, then look for the wiring. This can be a bit trickier, as it would never be used and will probably still be taped to the loom. Good news though is that if it's there it will have the appropriate plug already fitted. So look for a plug that isnt doing anything. Something to look for if you cant find it is the brake light switch. follow the wires from that back to the loom, and look for it there.

Next, once you've come back from the physiotherapist for your bad back treatment, back into the car and remove the steering column shroud. Again, you're looking for the plug. This time to fit something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-C...IAAOSwO7hZ-d9h

Once again, may still be taped up etc.

You need to find both plugs. If you find one but not the other, look again. This is specific function stuff. The will not have fitted one but not the other at the time the loom was assembled. If you cant find any, and you are sure you have looked properly (remember, you're looking as much for the lump of the plug than a couple of extra wires) then sigh and walk away. Don't even think about trying to wire it yourself.

If you've got this far ok then so far you haven't spent any money, just time. I've posted examples of switches you need to get, but it;s up to you to make sure you get the right ones. Be especially carefull about the CC stalk. they are relatively rare second hand. While looking for one to post here I saw a number of the far more common radio control stalks labelled as CC stalks!

Also, there are 2 very similar CC stalks, those with and without limiter switches on. Difference is in the rotary wheel in the middle of the stalk. CC only ones its just a simple on/off. Limiters have a middle position. I cant say for certain which one you need, but gut feeling would go for one without the limiter.

Once fitted, you need to have the software enabled. Your choice whether to use the main $tealers or an independant. I've found though that the $stealers can sometimes be a bit sniffy about doing this.

I'd suggest checking the wiring first though. Doesnt matter if you check top or bottom first, but make sure you can find both plugs. Then locate someone to turn on the software. Make sure they know exactly what you are doing, and that they will turn everything on to enable cruise when you bring it to them. Agree a price. Make a note of the person who you agreed the price with.

Then source and fit the parts, bearing in mind the above warnings I gave about correct parts.

Then go back to whoever is going to do the software, re confirm the price, and away you go!

Good luck, and please let us know how you go on!
Old 20-12-17, 12:10 PM   #3

There are countless threads and guides on cruise control.

Peugeot Forums - Search Results for cruise control

Old 20-12-17, 05:54 PM   #4

So I've checked and:

I have a clutch switch fitted as standard and I do have an empty slot for the CC stalk itself.

My only hesitation is that I've read that you need to have a 4-pin brake switch in order for the CC to work - I have a 2-pin brake switch...
Old 20-12-17, 05:54 PM   #5

[IMG]https://ibb.co/mMoi4m
https://ibb.co/i1xzc6[/IMG]
Old 20-12-17, 06:57 PM   #6

Oh yeah, does the car have to have ESP in order for CC to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in