PP2000 / Lexia 3 Help? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-17, 06:26 PM   #1

Default PP2000 / Lexia 3 Help?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody had any ideas on where I could be going wrong or how to get PP2000 to recognise my '08 207.

I purchased my Lexia cheap on eBay, and it didn't really come with much in the way of instructions, but I managed to install PP2000 on windows XP (32 bit), and Diagbox on Win 7 (32 bit) - both in virtual machines.

Anyway, I can't get either to connect to my car. Both are programs are activated, and open when I connect the Lexia 3 cable, so they're able to detect it, but when I connect the cable to the car to try and query it, both time out and say the ECU has not replied / responded.

I've also run the PSA interface checker, which seems to report the interface as revision C as far as I can tell - it lists C/ after the serial number anyway.

I looked at the fuse for the ODB2 port (I think - F11) but it appeared intact and I don't have any spares right now, and the port worked a few weeks ago for someone with a different scanner.

So yeah, I'm just wondering if anybody had any ideas of things to try or test as I'm new to PP / diagnostics and I'm not really sure how to figure out if it's the software, the car, or the Lexia / cable..

All ideas / comments are very welcome!
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-17, 07:38 PM   #2

PP2000 does not work on either of my 2008 407's so I use diagbox. Technology in the 2008 is too advanced for PP2000 I am told..

What version of diagbox have you installed?
When you installed diagbox, did you complete the installation BEFORE first plugging in the Lexia adaptor? i.e. only when diagbox asked for it?
When you start up diagbox, do you have the lexia cable plugged into your usb port on the laptop? I start mine with the lexia plugged into my laptop but not into the diagnostic port. Only plug it into the diagnostic port when I have the peugeot system running and am about to select a vehicle. Had an issue with it some time back when having it plugged into both ends and starting diagbox where it would then start looping and not selecting the vehicle. Never found out why but works when I leave the diag port unplugged at startup.
But yours is letting you get to selecting the vehicle? Does it recognise your VIN number before going to diagnostics?

Maybe, if nothing helps, track down another peugeot owner and see if it works on their vehicle?
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-17, 09:13 AM   #3

The Diagbox version I'm running is: v7.57

When I installed Diagbox I didn't plug in the Lexia until after the installation was complete, though it wasn't running when I first plugged it in.

I'm just setting up a laptop with Win 7 (32 bit) to remove the virtual machines as a problem, so when I install Diagbox this time I'll wait to plug it in. I usually have the Lexia plugged into the car before the computer, so I'll try doing the opposite.

Quite sure that it is not reading / recognising my VIN - I can't remember the exact behaviour of the program but it prompted me to enter the VIN manually.

Sadly I don't know anyone else with a Peugeot, let alone anyone that would let me plug in my dodgy Chinese clone haha. I'll update later once I've tried the new laptop install.

Old 05-12-17, 05:26 PM   #4

Not had any luck

The Diagbox autodetect button tries to read the VIN but just times out and gives the error "Automatic detection of the vehicle interrupted"

The one thing I can find that I consider weird (but can't check to see if it's normal) is the pin connections on the cable that joins the Lexia device to the ODB2 port..

Pin 4 on the OBD2 connector end is connected to none of the pins on the round end, and pin 5 on the OBD2 connector is connected to both 4 an 5 on the circle connector. Seems a bit odd to me, but maybe that pin isn't used? Is anybody able to check theirs?
Old 05-12-17, 06:05 PM   #5

I do not use the autodetect on mine as it gives the same message as yours. I select the model [407] with ign on and then it autodetects the vin and asks me to verify it is correct. It then continues on.
The only time I am asked for the DAM is when I am diagnosing one of my 406's under PP2000.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-17, 07:44 PM   #6

I dont think auto detect works on any clone as it tries to send VIN to PSA Server to get model info. Manual select is required, My daughters 207cc would work with Diagbox and engine and few other ECU's could be read/altered with Diagbox planet.

I found that only the second option in the three versions of 207 would work
Old 05-12-17, 08:04 PM   #7

You say nobody will let you plug in your dodgy chinese clone they are ALL dodgy chinese clones !!

As said auto functions dont work as you have no connection to server pick manually and it will work just takes a bit of trial and error to figure it out
Old 06-12-17, 02:18 PM   #8

Thanks for the help, but sadly I'm getting nowhere. Manually selecting the car (I've tried all three 207 options) prompts me to connect the car up (connect a VCI) but then asks for the VIN to be input rather than detecting it. If I carry on to fault finding it scans through the devices but just returns "no dialogue."
Old 07-12-17, 11:39 AM   #9

Check your interface revision with this program:

http://nwex.co.uk/temp/PSA%20Interfa...ker%20V2.9.exe
Old 07-12-17, 11:50 AM   #10

I think it's C?

I've put the screenshot in in an attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
interface-version.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in