PP2000 laptop broken - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-14, 08:59 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default PP2000 laptop broken

I have a bit of a problem, my msi netbook that i used for pp2000 duties has quit working, i don't have any xp laptop anymore.

I have a macbook which runs bootcamp with windows 7 on it, can i put the pp2000 software on it, or do i need to get diagbox?
Advertisement

Old 17-06-14, 09:01 AM   #2
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerPug View Post
I have a bit of a problem, my msi netbook that i used for pp2000 duties has quit working, i don't have any xp laptop anymore.

I have a macbook which runs bootcamp with windows 7 on it, can i put the pp2000 software on it, or do i need to get diagbox?
Never heard anyone get it working that way yet. Let us know if you get it working though.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-14, 09:12 AM   #3

Quote:

what is the fault with the laptop maybe it can be repaired
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-06-14, 11:48 AM   #4

I use an MSI/HP netbook with Planet they are just the right size for portability Shame they did not build them a little bit more robust one Knock and something breaks is it a hard drive problem as that can be changed out for an SSD slightly complicated due to its location (think the bottom has to come off ) you can get a second user toughbook for about £170 from SVP which is probably what a professional user would go for
https://www.svp.co.uk/computing/computers/laptops.html
or

Refurbished Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Laptop - Used - Second hand

If you could get someone local to you to look if you cannot do it yourself would be best
Old 17-06-14, 12:10 PM   #5

For Planet I use a little Acer Aspire AOA150 netbook with a large capacity battery.

For Diagbox I use a Dell D430, you can pick them up quite cheap.

Excellent battery life on both, and very light.
Old 17-06-14, 06:14 PM   #6
Inactive User

The MSI fell and just hasn't worked since, they do have terrible build quality but were perfect for portability, even if the small screen did mean not all the icons were visible (i just memorised the Function keys)

The macbook used to run windows xp on bootcamp and at the time i ran pp2000 on it fine, i have 7 on it now as i run cad software occasionally on it, it works the same as any other laptop just with windows 7, but is there some way to get pp2000 to work on 7?
Old 17-06-14, 06:23 PM   #7

Quote:
The MSI fell and just hasn't worked since, they do have terrible build quality but were perfect for portability, even if the small screen did mean not all the icons were visible (i just memorised the Function keys)

The macbook used to run windows xp on bootcamp and at the time i ran pp2000 on it fine, i have 7 on it now as i run cad software occasionally on it, it works the same as any other laptop just with windows 7, but is there some way to get pp2000 to work on 7?
why not do a dual boot
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-14, 06:37 PM   #8

If the netbook powers up but will not boot I would say it now has a hdd problem Probably fixable one of my netbooks took a tumble down the stairs and I replaced a drive in that with an SSD no moving parts bonus was it is now faster and battery life is better

I run planet in windows 7 32 bit Ultimate on one netbook seems to be fine I have it on an XP Machine as well though , I only put it on the win7 ultimate netbook because everybody was saying it would not run on Win 7 if anything its more stable IMHO

The other option of Dual boot could only be achieved by putting XP on first then reinstalling win 7 and when Pompted choose to have a dual boot system
Not Ideal if you do not want to install a new copy of win 7
Old 17-06-14, 07:01 PM   #9
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

AFAIK: PP2k on XP, and diagbox on win7.

I tried Diagbox on my 2GB Dell D610 and it was unusably slow. Jasper over at 406oc had diagbox on his much better specced laptop but frankly that was unusably slow too.

My conclusion was to stick with PP2000 in XP.

Don't see why win7 on Apple hardware should be any different to win7 on any other hardware.

Other option is a VM, but I've never seen one in person.

I have a spare Dell D610 (a few actually) you can have for not much. It's win7 so you'd need an XP installer. 2GB RAM.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-06-14, 09:36 PM   #10
Inactive User

Id like to try diagbox, i don't really want to fork out for another laptop if the one laptop can do all i need.
Windows 7 on the mac is no different at all, the command and control buttons are a bit different but it works fine. I can remember trying that VM stuff a few years back, its ok at running the other operating system but can't connect to the laptops USB ports.

Is there a good version of diagbox to go for that will work with my PP2000 lead?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in