peugeot planet interface problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-11, 11:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default peugeot planet interface problem

Hi guys,

i bought my pp interface a month ago and spent ages trying to get it to work...failing miserably....but am back to it now...

ive now got to the stage where i have installed the driver when i plug the interface into the computer via usb (the other end doesnt need to be connected to the car yet does it- just the interface?)

anyway, a green light comes on the interface for 1 second when i plug it into the computer, then green light turns off....is this normal?

and when i go to run peugeot planet (hoping to get to the activation stage)... a window pops up and tells me it cannot open because the interface is not connected....but it is connected, i have the usb lead in the computer connected to interface via the 15 pin input, and then on the other end the large round output goes to nothing.....is this right?

im worried this interface i bought such a long time ago is faulty now...

doing my head in!!!!

Last edited by joey.davro; 19-05-11 at 12:01 AM.
joey.davro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-11, 01:58 AM   #2
Afo
Inactive User

Hey Joey,

Slightly off topic, where did you buy your Lexia interface?
Afo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-11, 03:15 AM   #3
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to amir6662003 Send a message via Yahoo to amir6662003

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey.davro View Post
Hi guys,

i bought my pp interface a month ago and spent ages trying to get it to work...failing miserably....but am back to it now...

ive now got to the stage where i have installed the driver when i plug the interface into the computer via usb (the other end doesnt need to be connected to the car yet does it- just the interface?)

anyway, a green light comes on the interface for 1 second when i plug it into the computer, then green light turns off....is this normal?
Please refer to page :
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...905/#post51746

Download installation manual, and complete steps 15 to 28

Cheers, Amir
amir6662003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-05-11, 09:34 AM   #4
Inactive User

Hi amir,

i appreciate your installation guides, they're very good and clear however my problem is that the computer isn't detecting the interface cable, or the interface cable is broken, i understand what i have to do, i.e. steps 15 to 28, however i think i may have a dodgy cable (I bought it from a polish guy through ebay in bristol but in the end i just ended up going to his house to pick it up...)

like i have been saying, ive got the stage where 'its found new hardware and finished installing the software'.....

when i click 'finish', the box closes but nothing happens, so i click on the pp icon on desktop and instead of PP opening.... this screen pops up, i have attached below......even though my interface is still connected- i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it again, it still doesn't know it's there...

(i never get a loading bar as pictured in your guide when th peugeot planet office logo comes up)...
Attached Thumbnails
picture.jpg  
Old 19-05-11, 10:23 AM   #5

Is the device showing up without conflicts or issues in Device Manager?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-11, 10:55 AM   #6
Inactive User

Well after I installed the driver and disconnected the USB and reconnected it, it said the computer didn't recognize this device...
Old 19-05-11, 02:31 PM   #7

Did you plug it into the same USB port?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-11, 04:05 PM   #8
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to amir6662003 Send a message via Yahoo to amir6662003

Do you have one of those old Usb interfaces or these new ones with Peugeot and Citroen logo on it?
amir6662003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in