Operation of front wipers - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cabinpac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-12, 08:02 PM   #1
KIS
Inactive User

Unhappy Operation of front wipers

Hi,

I have an issue with the operation of the front wipers on my Peugeot 407 Coupé. According to the car manual, there are two types of wiper stalks on 407s: with intermittent wipe (2-fast wipe; 1-normal wipe; I-intermittent wipe; 0-off; press down-single wipe) and automatic wipe (2-fast wipe; 1-normal wipe; AUTO; 0-off; press down-single wipe). On my wiper stalk, however, the positions are as follows: 2-fast wipe; 1-normal wipe; I-intermittent wipe; 0-off; press down-AUTO. The issue is thus that I don't seem to have a single wipe option which is normally available by pressing down the wiper stalk (which then returns in the default position) as this turns on AUTO wipe on my 407 which I find absolutely useless.

At the moment I have to move the stalk up in the intermittent position and back to get a single wipe, which is not ideal. I was wondering if anyone else has the same set-up on their wiper stalk and if it is possible to somehow change the AUTO regime to single wipe when the stalk is pressed down.
KIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-12, 08:38 PM   #2
Inactive User

That doesnt sound right. I dont know that any 407 has that, from what i gathered down is always a single wipe, and once up is auto/intermittent.

So when you press it down once, it remains there? Do you get message on MFD saying auto-wipers are on?
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-12, 09:03 PM   #3
KIS
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlestar View Post
That doesnt sound right. I dont know that any 407 has that, from what i gathered down is always a single wipe, and once up is auto/intermittent.

So when you press it down once, it remains there? Do you get message on MFD saying auto-wipers are on?
It's weird, I know. I had a 207 for a few months and it was exactly like that: down for a single wipe. Now on this 407 when I press down once, the stalk goes back in default position as normal but instead of a single wipe the wipers switch into AUTO mode and I also get the relevant message on the display. If I then move the stalk up (for intermittent), the AUTO changes to MANUAL on the display. As such, I don't have a single wipe which is very annoying. I thought it could have to do with the configuration settings some of which are greyed out on my RT3, however. The car had two previous owners, perhaps they changed some settings.

Old 01-03-12, 10:13 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Hi,

I have an issue with the operation of the front wipers on my Peugeot 407 Coupé. According to the car manual, there are two types of wiper stalks on 407s: with intermittent wipe (2-fast wipe; 1-normal wipe; I-intermittent wipe; 0-off; press down-single wipe) and automatic wipe (2-fast wipe; 1-normal wipe; AUTO; 0-off; press down-single wipe). On my wiper stalk, however, the positions are as follows: 2-fast wipe; 1-normal wipe; I-intermittent wipe; 0-off; press down-AUTO. The issue is thus that I don't seem to have a single wipe option which is normally available by pressing down the wiper stalk (which then returns in the default position) as this turns on AUTO wipe on my 407 which I find absolutely useless.

At the moment I have to move the stalk up in the intermittent position and back to get a single wipe, which is not ideal. I was wondering if anyone else has the same set-up on their wiper stalk and if it is possible to somehow change the AUTO regime to single wipe when the stalk is pressed down.
This is how it is on my 308, never actually thought it was a problem.
Old 01-03-12, 10:21 PM   #5
Inactive User

I have the same set on my coupe,but if you give it a quick pull towards you it will single wipe and if you hold it back for longer you get the washer
malgpz900 likes this.
Old 18-06-12, 10:44 PM   #6
KIS
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinpac View Post
I have the same set on my coupe,but if you give it a quick pull towards you it will single wipe and if you hold it back for longer you get the washer
Thanks, and sorry for getting back so late on this one. I have checked and can confirm that any pull on the stalk towards myself triggers the washer. There is no "intermittent" position which would give a single wipe by pulling the stalk. I still find it very annoying that Peugeot didn't think it through on their top model in the series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in