Made a silly mistake - can PP dig me out of it? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rogersimons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-12, 09:53 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Made a silly mistake - can PP dig me out of it?

I have been trying to get a 56 plate Pug 206 CC up and running for my other half after it suffered a fire in the engine bay. Initially I was supplied with an incompatible wiring loom, which caused a massive waste of time, effort and money (imagine replacing the complete main and engine loom, only to find out that the BSI can't see your ECU - so the car won't run)!

So when I got chance to buy a cheap and potentially compatible scrap car, I jumped at the chance. The first thing I did was to try the ECU and BSI in the scrap car to see if it would run with them in - it worked fine. I've since transferred all of the necessary wiring over, and yesterday the original CC started running for the first time in 3 years.

The problem is the mileage. When I tried the ECU & BSI in the scrap car, they inherited the higher mileage. And now that they're back in the correct car, they've passed this mileage like a virus into the instrument cluster.

My question is: can I use Peugeot Planet to correct the mileage to what it was originally? I realise that this system is open to abuse so am not asking for the answer to be posted on an open forum. However I'm not doing anything illegal. I just want to know if it's possible, and if so, if someone could PM me either with instructions or contact details.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-12, 10:02 AM   #2
rogersimons

as far as i know planet cannot alter the milage.there is a seperate tool that can do this but is a bit pricey jim at SHOP - easydiagnostics was talking to me about it a week or so ago.it can do the milage on any car but like i said its pricey.if you want to know more about it and the cost phone him up and have a chat.
bettyswollocks likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-12, 07:56 AM   #3
Inactive User

There's quite a few mileage correction places about, might be worth a call to see what they charge.
RussHDI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-12, 02:28 PM   #4
Stubbo

My question is...

With the car already being a write off, does mileage really matter that much?

Resale value of a writeoff isnt high anyway, hell if my speedo suddenly changed to 500,000 miles i wouldnt do anything about it (mines a damaged/repaired as well!)
Old 10-08-12, 09:26 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
My question is...

With the car already being a write off, does mileage really matter that much?

Resale value of a writeoff isnt high anyway, hell if my speedo suddenly changed to 500,000 miles i wouldnt do anything about it (mines a damaged/repaired as well!)
*I* agree with you. But it's the missus's car and SHE wanted it to be right. And the true mileage IS ridiculously low, at just 18500 for a 56 plate (yes, really). It had gone up to 42000, which I argued was still very reasonable, but she was insistent.

Anyway I got it sorted. A local contact suggested that I put “mileage correction Nottingham” into Google. The resulting quotes ranged from £70 up to over £170, but the £70 one was from an ex Peugeot mechanic so that’s who I trusted to do the job.

Note to all: NEVER try your ECU/BSI in a higher mileage car without swapping over the speedo at the same time, or everything simply adopts the highest mileage, which is then expensive to correct.
Old 11-08-12, 01:03 AM   #6
Stubbo

Haha stuck between a rock and a hard place on that one then!

But yeah, when swapping either BSI/Speedo, even between vehicles the higher mileage is always adopted and stored!
Old 11-08-12, 10:54 AM   #7
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
*I* agree with you. But it's the missus's car and SHE wanted it to be right. And the true mileage IS ridiculously low, at just 18500 for a 56 plate (yes, really). It had gone up to 42000, which I argued was still very reasonable, but she was insistent.

Anyway I got it sorted. A local contact suggested that I put “mileage correction Nottingham” into Google. The resulting quotes ranged from £70 up to over £170, but the £70 one was from an ex Peugeot mechanic so that’s who I trusted to do the job.

Note to all: NEVER try your ECU/BSI in a higher mileage car without swapping over the speedo at the same time, or everything simply adopts the highest mileage, which is then expensive to correct.
Just disconnect the dash clocks beforehand will suffice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in