Loss Of Climate Screen (And Other Stuff) On RT4/5 After Upgrade - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-17, 07:45 PM   #1

Default Loss Of Climate Screen (And Other Stuff) On RT4/5 After Upgrade

Hi Guys
I posted about this in the Audio (Sound) And MultiMedia forum a while back but got no response, thought I was maybe in the wrong place so I'm trying here

I recently upgraded the firmware on the RT4/5 of my 2007 407sw 2L diesel. Everything went like clockwork until I realised instead of having nine icons on the menu I only had seven. The climate icon was gone, as was the video one. Now I can't tell where my heater/AC settings are positioned and the 6-CD autochanger in the back isn't being recognised. (Hence the Audio/Multimedia Forum)

In my day cars had carburetors and distributors, so I've not much experience of these fancy new electronics but I'm not bad with computers and I'm guessing the new firmware has somehow turned off a few things that need turning back on. I've been reading here about this Peugeot Planet software and wondering if that'll solve my problems. I guess you young guys can advise me of that (that Bettyswollocks sounds a nice young man ) and if I'm right I can set about getting hold of it. I've got an old laptop I can throw a copy of XP onto, if that's what's needed. But I don't want to waste time doing all that if the problem's elsewhere.
Can you guys tell me if I'm headed in the right direction, or does it just need a big hammer? (Used to work in the old days!)
capelyddol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-17, 04:37 PM   #2

Where did you get the upgrade disc from?
BiGK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-17, 04:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
Where did you get the upgrade disc from?
I got them from a seller on eBay. Seems very genuine. Discs were identical to those advertised by Peugeot and the upgrade went smoothly, including an updated French map disc and camera update disc. The only problem was the lack of climate control icons/screen and the deactivated cd changer.

Old 03-03-17, 05:55 PM   #4

My guess is the climate & cd changer options are stored in the RD4/5 unit and the update has reconfigured these to be absent. If this is the case then it needs reprogramming with PP2000 or probably diagbox.

Try contacting a member who is local to you to see if they can help.....

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...01/#post459593

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-17, 08:10 PM   #5

Default Loss Of Climate Screen (And Other Stuff) On RT4/5 After Upgrade

storeman - I think you're probably right. The car is French (left-hand drive, registered in France from new). I suppose it's possible the French update disc is slightly different from the UK version that I used. It doesn't explain why the climate control screen/button is not showing, as surely they would be the same on all the dual-climate versions? Finding a Frenchman with a PP2000 or diagbox isn't easy given the language barrier, so I may try downloading the software myself. There seems to be lots of info on how to do it on this site.
Old 12-03-17, 10:13 PM   #6

Default pp2000, Lexia, Diagbox - totally bewildered!

Okay, I've dragged out my old Lenovo T42 laptop from under the bed, blown off the dust, installed a new version of Win XP, and I'm all set for pp2000 - or should it be the Diagbox? Or, possibly the Lexia whatever...? Ebay hosts a bewildering array of these products and who's to know if they're genuine or not? Can anyone explain exactly what I need, a reliable source to obtain it, and what's the secret to a successful install? Or, is there a 'sticky' somewhere with all this info in it?
There's a huge amount of info on the forum, but it's spread about a bit and I've done my head in trying to piece it all together.
Any help would be much appreciated - please!

John.
2007 407sw 2L Diesel
Old 12-04-17, 08:35 PM   #7

I received my Lexia3, Diagbox, PP2000 software and associated hardware. Then the nightmare of installing it on the laptop began. I'd already prepared an old Lenovo T42 from some bygone era with the necessary Win XP operating system, but there appeared to be no autorun facility on either of the two DVDs that came with the package. Neither were there any instructions. After hours of various attempts at getting the darned stuff to load I eventually sought help online. I must say a big thank you to JJDiagnostics for their YouTube video:
I'm fairly handy with computers, but I don't think I'd ever have managed to install Diagbox without it. It has clear, precise, written instructions and, unlike many YouTube videos, isn't videoed on a mobile phone held by a guy on his fourteenth beer can of the day. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a similar video to install the Diagbox updates on the DVD. My attempts resulted in failure. Although the updates seemed to install, on reopening Diagbox the 'v7.02' in the top right-hand corner stubbornly refused to change. The one video I found on this subject was fairly useless as the guy making it buzzed around the screen with his cursor so fast it was impossible to follow what he was doing, even when using 'pause' every couple of seconds. I gave up updating and decided to try it out on the car.
Initially, the interface was somewhat confusing though it did read the VIN and some other stuff so I didn't have to enter anything, and I soon found a heading that said something like 'Prepare car for a customer', followed by one that said, 'Activation'. Clicking on that set out a whole list of components, one of which was 'dual-climate control', and another, 'CD Autochanger'. I can't remember how exactly they were activated, whether it was with a tick in a box, or just clicking on them, (I'm writing from memory here!) but having done one or the other I took a deep breath and pressed the climate button on the RT4/5. Lo and behold my missing climate screen reappeared as if by magic, and selecting the audio button set my CD auto-changer to producing beautiful music once more.
All in all, a 100% success. Though why updating the RT4/5 software should have turned them off in the first place is quite beyond me.

One problem I had with Diagbox was it continually kept asking me for an authorization code. I didn't know what to put there and I'm not sure if one can actually get authorisation without being a Peugeot employee (or similar) so I turned off the wireless on the computer and eventually it gave up asking. If anyone knows the authorisation code I'd be happy to have it. Thankfully, I didn't need it.

Now all I need is someone in France who can make the driver's side heater blow warm air as well as cold, without charging 2300 euros (main dealer quote) for replacing the 60 euros set of plastic mixer flaps that are needed, and I'll be very happy. Well, until something else goes wrong, of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in