Lexia3 diagbox - no communication - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-14, 11:08 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Lexia3 diagbox - no communication

Hi all,

I have been a member for a while but haven't posted much, this may well be my first post here as I'm normally more active on the Dutch 306 forum.

I have Lexia3 interface connected to a XP emulated machine. Have the interface for more than 6 months but still unable to use it to this day. Have been in contact with the chinese support guy Marshall to get it going but these guys really suck in their support.

Diagbox 6.09 (I believe) is installed corerctly and the interface also seems to work properly, my problem is that it just does not connect or communicate to the car. It gives me the message "no response from vehicle"or the like.

Since this has not worked for me and I have tried everything I could I moved on to another diagnotics unit, the Autel MS704. However, this unit also wouldn't read my 12/1999, 306 ph3. So I sent that unit back and and they claimed that older peugeots are terrible to diagnose. Indeed!

So my last hope is this forum since there are some real experts here on the matter that hopefully are willing to help my tackle these issues. Since I'm at work now I can't give more details about firmware version etc. but I can do so tonight.

If anyone has experience with the lexia interface not connecting properly or at least communicating with a 306 please let me know.

Oh, forgot to mention that the interface has also been sent back to china for repair but apperantly they were unable to find a fault. I don't trust that as their information about the repair was very vague and contradictory.

Anyways, happy to be here and I look forward to fixing this longterm problem!

Regards,
Floris

Last edited by daobra; 12-06-14 at 11:44 AM.
daobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-14, 11:52 AM   #2
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by daobra View Post
Hi all,

I have been a member for a while but haven't posted much, this may well be my first post here as I'm normally more active on the Dutch 306 forum.

I have Lexia3 interface connected to a XP emulated machine. Have the interface for more than 6 months but still unable to use it to this day. Have been in contact with the chinese support guy Marshall to get it going but these guys really suck in their support.

Diagbox 6.09 (I believe) is installed corerctly and the interface also seems to work properly, my problem is that it just does not connect or communicate to the car. It gives me the message "no response from vehicle"or the like.

Since this has not worked for me and I have tried everything I could I moved on to another diagnotics unit, the Autel MS704. However, this unit also wouldn't read my 12/1999, 306 ph3. So I sent that unit back and and they claimed that older peugeots are terrible to diagnose. Indeed!

So my last hope is this forum since there are some real experts here on the matter that hopefully are willing to help my tackle these issues. Since I'm at work now I can't give more details about firmware version etc. but I can do so tonight.

If anyone has experience with the lexia interface not connecting properly or at least communicating with a 306 please let me know.

Oh, forgot to mention that the interface has also been sent back to china for repair but apperantly they were unable to find a fault. I don't trust that as their information about the repair was very vague and contradictory.

Anyways, happy to be here and I look forward to fixing this longterm problem!

Regards,
Floris
I would uninstall diagbox and install planet directly. I suspect the 306 is to old for diagbox.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-14, 12:14 PM   #3

Me too, you can't beat the simplicity and robustness of Planet, especially on older cars.

Planet Install instructions: Index of /downloads/peugeot/planet

Old 12-06-14, 12:16 PM   #4
Inactive User

That is kinda wierd advice I would say. Did you know the 306 is supported in diagbox? I know many others using diagbox with their 306 so why not mine?

Have not tested my car on another diagbox setup though...
Old 12-06-14, 02:20 PM   #5

All depends on your hardware and diagbox version. Personally I find Diagbox slow and clunky on a laptop.
Old 12-06-14, 02:32 PM   #6
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by daobra View Post
That is kinda wierd advice I would say. Did you know the 306 is supported in diagbox? I know many others using diagbox with their 306 so why not mine?

Have not tested my car on another diagbox setup though...
Yes i know 306 is on diagbox but sometimes they don't like to work with diagbox. i had a couple 307's that wouldn't communicate with diagbox but did with planet.

Nothing weird at all.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-14, 07:51 PM   #7

I ONLY use planet as it works even on 306s you may have too new a version installed as this also causes issues

Try your set up on another Peugeot or citroen car see if it can read anything
Old 13-06-14, 09:05 AM   #8
Inactive User

OK guys, tonight I will uninstall diagbox and install pp2000.
Any advice as to what version i should install? I think I have version 22 something IIRC.

Thanks!
Old 13-06-14, 11:59 AM   #9

22.14 and then the update patch to 24.29.
Old 13-06-14, 11:15 PM   #10
Inactive User

OK so I updated pp2000 to V. 25.01. I run it on VMware with XP and when I use diagtool to make a connection with the car, it tries to but always comes up with "the electronic unit is not responding".
In VMware it is nice to be able to see activity on the USB hub with incoming and outgoing flashing. I see that when hit OK it sends out but there is no response.

What to do? This has been my problem for a long time so I'm kinda stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in