Electro-magnetic Parking sensor. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-01-17, 01:47 PM   #1

Default Electro-magnetic Parking sensor.

had a minor bump the other day. reversed into a bollard that im sure had been concreted in, in the 30 seconds i'd stopped.

looking to install a parking sensor - local bodgers will drill holes in my bumper for £147.
i'd rather put my gentlemans sausage in a vice.

i've seen electromagnetic ones online for as little as £10-£12, no drilling required, a single metal strip running the width of rear bumper.
has anyone come across these before? looks like a simple fit. ducttape on inside of bumper. hide the workings in spare wheel well and stick the buzzer in the slot currently occupied by 50,000 plastic carrier bags. wire up the (+) to the reverse light, bobs your mothers brother. simple?

lets hope so. cant hurt for £12 right?

has anyone got one?
do they actually work?
wondering whether i'd mess it up by removing the bumper.

will post pix if i can.

this is the one i'm looking at.
http://amzn.eu/ejIauJF

destructions in chinglish i'll bet, but seems simple enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-01-17, 02:11 PM   #2

From what I can see from the images, the instructions are in good English so should be easy enough to follow. Looks like it works like a very sensitive proximity sensor. Only two reviews, one good and one not so good though the thing works for both people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-17, 06:08 PM   #3

I installed one like this, not at all happy. Not working properly.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gepol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-01-17, 06:41 PM   #4

Quote:
The range is only 1m, as described by seller. Its not really usefull as 1m is too near. The beeping sounds is confusing. Im not sure if to stop or keep on moving as they sounds the same.
Bit strange, and perhaps a driver that has little actual idea of how close you can get. Without doing damage....

A meter is more than enough distance to start and start a solid scream at 1 foot.

Think outside the box
iooi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-17, 11:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepol View Post
I installed one like this, not at all happy. Not working properly.....
just out of interest was it a well known [sorta] brand or was it a cheap Chinese jobbie?

i think for £12 i still might give it a blast,

what made you unhappy? did it not work at all? intermittant working? incorrect feedback? difficulty to fit?

TIA
Old 17-01-17, 12:53 PM   #6

...the cheapest on eBay.

It "sees" obstacles when there aren't any, but not always, and also misses obstacles, again not always. It doesn't measure the distance correctly etc etc.

Wrong installation? Maybe, but I do not really think so...

To fit it you must take out the bumper, electrics are pretty straight forward, nothing difficult.

gepol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-17, 03:30 PM   #7

Question

Okie dokie peeps, Iíve decided against the electromagnetic as thereís too many unknowns, not sure if it will work properly and Iíve not heard great things about sensitivity and detecting phantom obstructions.
Gonna go with a normal ultrasonic jobbie. Means I definitely have to remove the bumper but I think the benefits will outweigh the costs

I stumbled across a post on another forum, think it may have been Audi or something. There was mention of invalidating the insurance policy if you fit cheap Chinese crap as it doesnít meet certain criteria?

This canít be true can it?
Some people go crazy for fitting LEDs and Neon lights on every surface, and thereís all kinds of audio fitted into most chavwagons, I wouldnít have thought it would pose a problem.

Iíve no intention of informing my insurance company as I donít believe it makes my car any more prone to theft. If anything It could prevent a bump, and Iím sure a £10 sensor wouldnít hike the value of my car.

Has anybody who has fitted aftermarket sensors [particularly cheap foreign stuff] informed the insurers? I wouldnít think it necessary but seeing as I seem to be a magnet for drunk drivers and bimbos on their phones, thought it might be worth looking into.
Old 02-02-17, 06:03 PM   #8

The only possible effect I can see it having on insurance would be to possibly lower the premium a few pounds as it's less likely you would reverse into something and damage yours or anybody elses car or property. Trouble is the insurance companies usually only give a discount if it is fitted by a business they consider to be reputable.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-17, 01:36 PM   #9

Default Cable routing.....

Hi guys, local garage has quoted 2hours labour and a waiting period of 3-4 weeks to fit me in.

i'm gonna have a stab at it myself.
got my duct tape and a sledge hammer ready.
had a quick shufti in the boot last night, cant seem to see anywhere to bring cables through, thought there might be a grommet i can remove/modify.

can anyone shed any light?
i need somewhere to bring the sensor cables into the boot and someway of getting the power cable from the light cluster into the boot also.

looks to be a pain in the proverbial on the 3008.
could do with a haynes manual.....
Old 15-03-17, 07:34 PM   #10

My mate has just bought a number plate holder with three sensors fitted on it, he wired up to the reversing light and bob's your uncle, works a treat and knowing my mate he wouldn't have paid that much for it, by the way he got it from eBay.
Deljen5794 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in