Diagnostic Machine/Code Reader in your area. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-09, 05:28 PM   #1

Exclamation Diagnostic Machine/Code Reader in your area.

Co.Antrim

Northern Ireland

Peugeot Planet/Lexia 3

and

A VAG for Audi , vw, skoda and Seat.
bettyswollocks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-10-09, 09:37 AM   #2

Co.Galway..Southern Ireland.
I have Peugeot Planet and Citroen Proxia if anyone needs assistance.
Like Betty I've also got a u581 memo scan...
Ron.
risky1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 30-12-09, 07:17 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thinking of buying Peugeot Planet but not got much idea what it's benefit is going to be. Other than reading and clearing fault codes, what else can it do?

If I were to buy it, what's the cost likely to be and is that for just software, just hardware, or both?

Cheers.
Viking is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 30-12-09, 08:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking
Thinking of buying Peugeot Planet but not got much idea what it's benefit is going to be. Other than reading and clearing fault codes, what else can it do?

If I were to buy it, what's the cost likely to be and is that for just software, just hardware, or both?

Cheers.
Hi Viking,
Like above i got mine from ebay and it works fine...

Remember clearing fault code wont fix the problem(s) but will steer you in the right direction...I'm still learning myself...
Ron.

This is what it can do....

Read identification
Displays complete identification of control unit, e.g. part number, software/hardware version, manufacturer, etc...

Read fault codes
Displays all stored and pending fault codes with complete description (e.g. "Rail pressure - too low pressure").
Program supports report printing or copy to clipboard.

Clear fault codes
This function clears all stored fault codes and other diagnostic information.

Auto-scan ( Complete car scan / test )
Detects all ECU's (electronic control units) installed in car and reads all diagnostic fault codes.

Measured Values
Program displays live Data like Engine Speed, Battery voltage, Oxygen Sensor, Coolant Temperature, etc. Values can be displayed in graph, 9 values at once, or full listing (all measured values). Logging to file is also supported, which allows offline analysis.

Actuator test
Actuator test activates particular actuator (e.g. turn on fuel pump, lock/unlock wheel, lock/unlock doors, cut off fuel, etc..)

Programming functions/Adaptation
This feature is of great importance in all vehicles because systems like Engine control units, Immobilizers, Airbags, Alarms, Body Control Units, and some others, require you to perform reset or programming procedures after car repair is done, or even configuration after replacing broken Control Unit.

Hardware and Software requirements
Software requires at least Intel Celeron/Pentium III 400 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 50MB free HDD space and USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 recommended) and Microsoft Windows 98 SR2/2000/XP with the latest service pack installed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
risky1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 30-12-09, 08:10 PM   #5
Inactive User

So it's something akin to VCDS (Vag Com) which is VW/Audi based, and gives basically the full dealer capabilities on a laptop. Don't suppose it reads down as far as security coding for keys, transponders, and remote coding does it?

Also, any idea how much I should be paying?
Viking is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-10, 08:16 PM   #6

that about sums it up Viking , i`m looking at around the 200 mark not including laptop of course , which has to be xp.
Old 02-01-10, 05:58 PM   #7
chopper1192

I have a cunning plan to bypass this and provide a Planet compatible system for about 50. I'm off work for quite a spell on the sick from the end of this month, and I'll be using the time to work further on this.

watch this space
  Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-10, 03:40 PM   #8
Inactive User

Default codes read in southampton area.wide range of cars

hi all i offer a code read for a wide range of cars,pug ren.cit.benz audi and more,i am in the southampton area.also reset of abs and airbags.and have acsess to AUTODATA to show location of the parts.the charge is 15 its to just go towards the price i paid for the reader.i think its a good price seem they are not cheap to buy and for to use them only once is a lot of money.
if intrestered just pm me and i will send information,
bigboots is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-10, 06:57 PM   #9

Planet Peugeot just arrived , gonna play with my new toy later.
Old 18-01-10, 09:10 PM   #10

Bummer , got Planet Peugeot , got the laptop, got the xp to run it on - didn`t know theres only a cd drive on the bloody thing and it needs a dvd drive,
mate of mine will through one in tomorrow, have to wait another day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in