Diagbox "data access problem" after v7.60 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-12-16, 11:42 PM   #1

Default Diagbox "data access problem" after v7.60

So, the title probably says it all but I'll elaborate.

All updates from 7.xx up to 7.60 work fine but as soon as I install 7.64 I get "data access problem" after the activation tries to go online.

I'm fairly certain it's a network problem as I got the same error when I had the firebirdsql and firebird guardian services turned off in Services, in Windows, when I had v7.60 installed. I switched them back on and it worked away as normal.

So, is there anything 'different' after v7.60?
Was there some additional security applied to the updates?
Anyone else have this problem?
Can I skip 7.64 and get an update somewhere (can't seem to find any online for some reason) to ,like, v7.78 or something?

I've tried turning off my Firewall completely, tried updating the Firebird server, tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times (what a pain!), tried running lots of the batch files and exe's in the Diagbox folder, tried swapping over my APPDIAG.SYS file but it hadn't updated recently anyway, tried using an Ethernet cable instead of wifi, tried with no internet too.

I'm assuming it's not a firmware/Lexia3 cable problem since it's not even plugged in.

Also tried searching these forums and the rest of the interwebs, to no avail.

Am I better off just sticking with v7.60? The 'new members' section recommends updating to v7.78 but can't find an update for that..

I'm running on W10 32bit.
Advertisement

Old 16-12-16, 02:59 AM   #2

Diagbox 7.57 covers up to Nov 2015 (what I am using). Somewhere after this it wants to connect to the internet. So, unless you have a very late model vehicle (+nov2015), don't go past V7.57 and you wont get hassled...

Oh, and I have had many problems running it on W10 (32 and 64 bit, tried both) so have reverted back to W7 32bit. Also have it on a dedicated XPproSP3 laptop (with a pile of other software that only works on XP) and it performs faultlessly.

Last edited by WillNZ; 16-12-16 at 03:02 AM.
WillNZ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-12-16, 12:07 PM   #3

You cannot use diagbox on-line, it will not connect as you do not have a valid ID/Account with PSA.

Switch off wireless etc when using as it will also try to update and deactivate the program as you are not authorised, just click no if you get a pop-up about connection. It should still connect to most vehicles

Old 16-12-16, 01:12 PM   #4

Nice one.
I suppose I'll stay on 7.60 so for the moment, and see how it goes. It seems to be fine on W10 for me so far anyway.
I was running PP2000 on xp for a while but I was also having problems updating past v22.14, and I really hate xp, so I upgraded to W10.

My car is only 2006 so I suppose most of the bugs and updates for it are pretty much sorted anyway in v7.60. Doesn't mean I won't attempt to update it again and mess around with v8.00 someday when I get bored! :-)

So it's ok to keep the internet off when running Diagbox, but it needs to 'see' an internet card, or an internet connection when installing, is that right? I was trying to install it a few weeks ago on a tablet which didn't have a card, only wifi and I kept getting an error 0 when activating.

I'm off to fix my window regulator now, while the sun is shining...
Old 16-12-16, 06:19 PM   #5

In still using 7.22 i think maybe even 7.02 i do not understand peoples need to update constantly mines does every car i have ever plugged into fine and feel no need to update something that works fine
Old 16-12-16, 07:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
In still using 7.22 i think maybe even 7.02 i do not understand peoples need to update constantly mines does every car i have ever plugged into fine and feel no need to update something that works fine
Yea that's fair enough, I'm the opposite though, I always want the latest and the newest and the best! :-)

I remember reading a changelog though, can't remember where, whether it was PP2000 or Diagbox, or which version (I've read a lot lately), but the changelog mentioned a fix for a bug in the previous version where if the electric windows were tested that 'something' could not be done again. Not sure what the 'something' was, maybe something like window position memory or something like that.

I know it's not easy to find changelogs either, it might have been an official pdf bulletin from the peugeot website.

I suppose the best thing is just to update as far as you can, and drive on!
Old 16-12-16, 07:29 PM   #7

Thats my point latest and newest is NOT always the best !

The more you update the less planet you get and the more diagbox you get personally i prefer planet

What you need to understand is the software is hacked peugeot software and thats why you cannot use online etc updates can actually make things worse !
Old 16-12-16, 07:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Thats my point latest and newest is NOT always the best !

The more you update the less planet you get and the more diagbox you get personally i prefer planet

What you need to understand is the software is hacked peugeot software and thats why you cannot use online etc updates can actually make things worse !
Yea, I know it's hacked/reversed engineered alright. I done a bit of it myself before, just messing around in the assemble code with a debugger. Never got too seriously into it, just wanted to see how it all worked.

I've only used Diagbox and PP2000 a few times each but I think I prefer the simplicity of PP2000.

I did fine a changelog for Diagbox though.. just having a read through it there now.
https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/wiki/Di...m_6.39/7.06_On)
Old 16-12-16, 10:53 PM   #9

Later versions are likely to be less cooperative with unofficial users, as PSA become better at securing their property. There is a Diagbox v8 and higher, but it's not been hacked/patched and hasn't made it's way in to unofficial channels, or if it has it's very low key.

For me Diagbox v7.49 is the most stable and works with everything I've plugged it into.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-12-16, 08:51 AM   #10

If you delve deeper i believe the software is actually bosch rather than peugeots
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in