Car Detailing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-16, 04:15 PM   #1

Default Car Detailing

It seems sad that I am willing to take my whole car apart, add and remove circuits, play with headunit firmware and changing ECU options. But I am too scared to try and remove some very light swirl marks from my bonnet in case I mess anything up.

There are loads of links recently to peoples preferred products, which is great. But can anyone link to a method of polishing / waxing that a beginner could follow? If you search the internet, you find a million and one different opinions, but I would rather the opinions of a few of this forum!

Thanks for any help, Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-16, 05:56 PM   #2

If you are doing it by hand something like Autosmart mirror image is suppose to be slightly abrasive and can remove slight swirls.(But I am no expert)

I use it a couple of times a year on my car and seems to work well.
Old 16-05-16, 03:42 PM   #3
Inactive User

Im a bit late to the party (new member), but if youre willing to spend a little cash - and time and effort - you cant go wrong with a dual action / DA polisher. I bought a Kestrel DAS6 and have more than had my moneys worth from it. Its very hard to ruin the paint with a DA, and very easy to work with. Ill get some pics to show you examples...
dfs16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-05-16, 04:10 PM   #4

quick tip, get yourself to a scrappy and grab a bonnet of anything and bring it home, pop it on a work bench and tape off a few areas (I just did it in quarters) and had a go with a couple of different polishes and waxes on each area. DA's are great and I actually went with a really cheepo thing from Helfrauds which I think my Dad had bought years ago with a 3 for 2 deal, OK not as easy as the proper DA's as their much smaller and more manageable and have different heads but for removing very light swirls it does the job. do get yourself a clay mit and give the car a good wash first, it will make the polishing and then waxing sooo much easier and a lovely glass like finish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V6Matty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-05-16, 05:57 PM   #5
Inactive User

Tried to put up some 50/50 shots I took of when I was DAing the paint on different cars. I havent enough posts yet so sh*tposting will have to continue!
Old 16-05-16, 06:05 PM   #6
Inactive User

Refstar and Nas80 like this.

Last edited by dfs16; 16-05-16 at 06:07 PM.
Old 16-05-16, 06:10 PM   #7
Inactive User

Refstar and Nas80 like this.

Last edited by dfs16; 16-05-16 at 06:13 PM.
Old 17-05-16, 02:35 PM   #8

Those photos look brilliant. I would love to get a Dual Action polisher, but cant justify the 200+ as I don't know how often I would use it.

I will keep looking around for second hand ones, hopefully catch a bargain!

PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-16, 02:49 PM   #9
Inactive User

Generally speaking you shouod only need to correct the paint once, but if you use a final glossing pad you can use that with a really fine finishing polish a couple of times a year if you want to be anal, or if you keep on top of the paint you can use the machine for quick application of wax as well!

DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher - Menzerna Kit - Clean Your Car

That kit has most of everything youd ever want, bar some Tardis and Iron-x for cleaning the paint properly prior to machining. Well under the 200quid price
V6Matty likes this.
Old 17-05-16, 02:54 PM   #10
Inactive User

This was the 106 after Id finished machining it the other day. The depth of colour a proper clean and waxing brings out is crazy

V6Matty and Refstar like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in