Adventures in diagbox - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-14, 03:48 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Adventures in diagbox

Right

Thought I should ask my questions in a new thread rather than lengthen the sticky.

I have now installed diagbox 7.16
I have got the file from Cyril and now interface checker reports a rev C/ (will donate, not got round to it yet, but what a star)

All hooked up to the car and, arrgh !

I think I have cable problems. Most of the time it cant find any ECU but I have managed to get the BSI recognised and have even turned the sidelights on and off !

Anyone had similar problems, and how was it resolved. The round molded plugs look difficult to open. I could get a new cable, but if its between the box and the male round plug that could be a pain.

Strangely, this is exactly what happened when I got 6.01 running despite the box being at rev B/. Is this 6.01 version able to run on rev B/'s

Might order a new cable.

Advice to anyone, get your lexia kit from the seller recommended on here (Easydiagnostics I think), trying to cut corners seems to lead to nightmares.
Gary C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-01-14, 05:42 PM   #2

Did you try restarting diagbox as it may need to update interface firmware this often requires two updates from diagbox with a restart in between. You can also use interface checker to see firmware version on interface and update if needed

The rubber boots do come off quite easily on the round connectors if you take a bit of care. Some CAN communication issues are down to poor crimp connections.

Try twisting, wiggling plug to see if any improvement. You can also try contact cleaner but it can make it difficult to solder the crimps at a later date to improve contact if the switch cleaner get into the pins .
Old 20-01-14, 07:55 PM   #3

I think Only v5 works on the B. Get it flashed to rev C then use diagbox 7

Old 20-01-14, 07:56 PM   #4

And make sure you start with a fresh windows install. You can't un install one version and install another
Old 21-01-14, 08:44 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I think Only v5 works on the B. Get it flashed to rev C then use diagbox 7
Yep, have flashed it to rev C and its a fresh install of 7.16 on my XP machine which had never had it on before (got it working !).

I have restared diagbox a couple of times, and have seen the BSI and the injectors recognised twice, but most times it throws up no communication. Did seem to work after a wiggle of the round plugs so I think its wiring. I will try the short USB cable as that has been used for all the reflashing, though I don't think its a PC to Box comms issue.

However I was C&I craftsman for 7 years and know what a nightmare finding bad connections can be

The cable from the box to the round plug looks a pain to remake any connections on and the round connections look moulded rather than rubber so may need cutting. Pin to Pin check of the long cable is on the cards next (wife is starting to get fed up that I seem to be spending all my DIY time on it )
Old 21-01-14, 09:23 AM   #6
Inactive User

Not sure if its the same as yours but worth a try.
I have had it on a 406 where I had to unplug the usb when it said cant communicate and put it back in then it worked.
Appears to be a USB glitch
Old 21-01-14, 10:05 AM   #7

We had to do that on Paz's setup on my 307 the other week.
Old 21-01-14, 12:01 PM   #8

Change the USB cable they always give bother , you should have a short one and a long one (no smart answers please) lol
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-14, 02:03 PM   #9
Inactive User

I give up !

7.16 running on dp, with interface flashed to rev c.

But it won't read the car !

Very occasionally gets the vin, and I have seen it identify the bsi and injectors, but almost all the time it comes up with no dialogue in diagbox or ECU has not responded in pp.

Tried the short USB cable and the long, no different. Might be the lead, or the unit.

Fed up
Old 27-01-14, 02:23 PM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
I give up !

7.16 running on dp, with interface flashed to rev c.

But it won't read the car !

Very occasionally gets the vin, and I have seen it identify the bsi and injectors, but almost all the time it comes up with no dialogue in diagbox or ECU has not responded in pp.

Tried the short USB cable and the long, no different. Might be the lead, or the unit.

Fed up
anyone close to you with working kit to try on car?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in