307 Multi-Function Display (MFD) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-11, 05:49 PM   #1
JazzJPH

Default 307 Multi-Function Display (MFD)

Well...

I followed Stubbo's guide here:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6456

which thanks to John (cck2k9) can be downloaded here:

www.peugeot-diy.orangeserve.com

And I can tell you this...

I went out and got some long nose pliers, and this made life so much easier.

but so you have an idea the LEDs come in:

Yellow
Red
Green
Blue
White
Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo
Now there are 2 clips on each side of the white housing that need prising open, they are quite fragile so be careful
Pay attention to this, I snapped off 3. hasnt made a difference for me. The whole unit sits tight and nice, but still, take care!!!

So the MFD looks like the following in different colours

One of the yellow LED's is dead. Sorry about that

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-11, 05:50 PM   #2
JazzJPH

Last edited by JazzJPH; 11-03-11 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-03-11, 06:21 PM   #3
JazzJPH

Default Ready for comments!!

Cheers John for letting me keep the "flow of thread"

Right guys you can gauge what colours you want from the above pictures. I do apologise again for the yellow one, it doesn't look too bad in the flesh but two of the four I have are knackered so only had the other two working

Another peculiar thing is the climate control - I finally figured how to remove this. You take the two torx out from where the ashtray is. then you remove the bottom of the two part centre plastic trim, and then push the top of the climate control and it pops in. Just turn it and encourage it through the gap toward you.

So the peculiar bit... The bulbs are EXACTLY the same as in the MFD - twistys. I took the three out the back of the pack (aware of the orange filter in, just wanted to try the LEDs) and put in the LED's. And I tried LED after LE-flippin-D and they wouldn't light up. Bulbs back in and then it works again!! does anybody know why?

Old 11-03-11, 09:02 PM   #4
Inactive User

try bending the connector on the led a little bit, and sure you are trying them in both polarities (sucking eggs there lol) it will be the fact that they are not making contact

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-11, 09:10 PM   #5
JazzJPH

I've done all that, it all makes contact. And the ones I used are the ones that I had used in the MFD so they work, and they are making contact, they just aren't lighting!!!

I know I have to get rid of the orange filter and then have the button lights soldered or whatever, but still, the twistys should work!!!!!!

Look for yourself if you like
Old 11-03-11, 11:31 PM   #6
Inactive User

hmmmm....i wonder if there is enough current getting through to initiate the diode so to speak. are you handy with a soldering iron, try an smd led and see if that illuminates.

but i cant see why they are not illuminating :s i think this is time for captain john and his mysterious power

Old 12-03-11, 06:07 AM   #7
JazzJPH

Haha we can look at this over a big mac!

If you fancy lookin at it be my guest

I thought the same but the standard bulbs are no different to the standard ones in mfd, and don't LEDs require less power?
Old 12-03-11, 11:29 AM   #8
Inactive User

haha could do, im at home now but im back at work 2morro night and have a few things to do. but from monday i have 4 days off so can have a look around then if that ok.

yeah im thinking something is not right like...as you say leds use less power so they should illuminate.

are you putting leds in all the bulb holders? might be needed to complete the circuit...ive only seen the digital displays on the net, never in person so im not sure on the circuit and that, if that makes sense.

Old 12-03-11, 07:55 PM   #9
JazzJPH

Whatever I'm doing to the bulbs im doing the same to the leds. It makes no sense at all

Well im off Wednesday to friday, which of the 3 is best for you?
Old 25-03-11, 07:13 PM   #10

i done mine the other night blue and i have to say i dont really like it, the yellow looks nice tho.

Done the climate control blue just the led that lights up the buttons witch i think looks nice as its kinda the same blue my alpine lights up
Attached Thumbnails
climate-control-off.jpg   climate-control-.jpg   climate-control-nite.jpg  
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in