307 full detail pic tease - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-12, 06:50 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 full detail pic tease *FULL PICS UPDATE!*

Todays efforts on my 307, but unfortunatly, I ran out of light to take full pics and the interior still wants a little work done.
So heres a little tease for you till tomorrow when I take some proper slr shots. For now, you'll have to do with a couple of iPhone pics (sorry)

I started with an already clean car, as in it wasn't dirty, but that wasn't the aim of the day. When I bought the car, I only had time to glaze with AG SRP then HD wax followed by a Zaino Z8 wipedown. That covered the swirls and 3 months down the line the car still looked presentable. But I spied a good weekend and I made sure I was free as I wanted to really inspect the paint with a toothcome of the finest variety. This I did, and I was well impressed with what I had to work with, so the procedure was as follows:-

Wheels via pressure sprayer with AS smart wheel diluted 20:1, then rinse
Hand wash using 2bm with AG BSC, rinse with pressure washer
Dry using a CG buffalo towel (Megs last touch as drying aid)
Clayed with BH soft and last touch
Taped up
Polished with Menzerna PF2500 and Megs Ulitimate compound on less swirly areas. Used CG orange hexi-logic pad
Refined with 3M yellow pad and Megs 205
Car was then wiped down with Eraser to ensure I wasn't filling in any swirls
Wheels removed and deep cleaned with Iron-X and AS Tardis front and rear. Sealed with HD wax and Z8
Plastics dressed with AG bumper gloop
Glass is just cleaned with AG fast glass, awaiting Gtechniq G4+G1 to seal
And finally, I wanted to give the paint some good autumn protection, but keep its gloss. There was only 1 thing for it, Auto Finesse's brilliant Power Seal, applied via DA with CG black hexi-logic pad. This has given me soooo much gloss, and the paint feels slick. Very slick. Even the neighbours commented on how good it looks, and they are so used to me furiously detailing away, they don't normally talk to me!
Oh yeah, almost forgot, tyres dressed with Megs endurance gel, but another coat will go on tomorrow.

Also, yesterday we hit a major milestone!

Keep em coming I say, if it stops, it might break

Last edited by Sasha94; 07-10-12 at 04:08 PM.
Sasha94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-12, 04:01 PM   #2
Inactive User

It would appear that some almighty being is trying to confound my attempts at getting a good shot of the car, as my slr camera decided to die when I got the closest thing to sunshine, after putting 80 odd miles on it since the detail! Even so, these should suffice I hope

Last edited by Sasha94; 07-10-12 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-10-12, 04:02 PM   #3
Inactive User

Old 07-10-12, 04:03 PM   #4
Inactive User

Old 07-10-12, 04:04 PM   #5
Inactive User

These are next on my "to fix list!"

Old 07-10-12, 04:08 PM   #6
Inactive User

Not my pink toolkit, I promise!

And todays mileage is...

The reason for putting those on is that I needed to get to my grandmothers house to prepare it for sale as the will paperwork has come through. I also needed to move my, erm, "investment project" (!)

This is an ex carlile police V70 T5 with 186k otc and a poorly turbo. It's got a mahoosive stainless exhaust which sounds AWESOME!!! Push comes to shove, I'll sell that and break the car to break even and scrap the rest.

Last edited by Sasha94; 07-10-12 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-10-12, 04:49 PM   #7
Inactive User

Volvo V70 T5 2.3 Ex Police - YouTube

Listen to this

If only the 307 sounded like this one The Pug just sounds like a tractor, but at least it has a nice growly diesel knock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in