307 Boot Release - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-11, 01:02 PM   #1
Stubbo

Default 307 Boot Release

Thinking about what i could put in to the spare button holes near my lock button i had an idea

A boot release button....

I assume its just a matter of finding the connections for the boot micro switch and tapping into these, although would that mean me running a cable from boot to dash?

Anyone done this before? would come in handy for when my boot switch inevitably packs in, as i have a sub and other things in my boot it would be a nightmare to get to the manual release!!

Answers on a postcard please
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-11, 05:47 PM   #2
davidireland

All Peugeot boot locks can be opened with a small screwdriver from inside if you fold down seats. No fear at all!
Old 24-04-11, 02:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
Thinking about what i could put in to the spare button holes near my lock button i had an idea

A boot release button....

I assume its just a matter of finding the connections for the boot micro switch and tapping into these, although would that mean me running a cable from boot to dash?

Anyone done this before? would come in handy for when my boot switch inevitably packs in, as i have a sub and other things in my boot it would be a nightmare to get to the manual release!!

Answers on a postcard please

fab idea!! am sure it would be easy to run 2 small wires to the dash took me 10mins to run 2 sets of RCAs down the side of the car. tho ive 3 buttons on my dash and the 4th button is blank how would you find out what the 4th button part number to order it?
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-04-11, 06:51 AM   #4
JazzJPH

Just a quickie.. I've only got lock and hazards functional buttons, I have two others which are blank but they're still plugged in to something, what are they? The far right one is completely blank like..
Old 24-04-11, 02:13 PM   #5

the buttons on mine are locking, alarm, hazards, ESP, blank (id like to use it for the boot)
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-04-11, 03:17 PM   #6
Stubbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJPH View Post
Just a quickie.. I've only got lock and hazards functional buttons, I have two others which are blank but they're still plugged in to something, what are they? The far right one is completely blank like..
Probably just a standard loom fitted that includes connectors for all available options??

The only bugger i can see with this is that the micro switch you'd need to tap into is on the boot lid itself isnt it, so running the wires either inside the waterproofing or in a way that they dont get pinched might be tricky!
Old 26-04-11, 07:13 PM   #7
Inactive User

You could turn it into a on/off button for an amp...
daffyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-04-11, 10:20 PM   #8
Stubbo

Thats already on my plan list for one of the other spare holes daf, thats the easy one cos i'll only need to run the remote wire to it, just need to find the buttons!!
Old 27-04-11, 10:02 PM   #9
Inactive User

I will prob end up doing it myself. You could take it to one of those custom signs shop and get icons on the plastic buttons aswell.

I'd like to completely remove the boot handle, get it filled and sprayed over, have the interior button to release boot and get one that uses central locking. Think they sell them on ebay.
daffyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-04-11, 07:26 AM   #10
JazzJPH

That idea sounds cool daffy! Probably a lot more reliable than keeping the boot switch. Mine's going dodgy now like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in