207 rear parking sensors - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Detailing and Gadgets
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-14, 10:21 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 207 rear parking sensors

Anyone recommend rear parking sensors for the 207? Thanks
chopper075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-14, 12:50 PM   #2
Inactive User

Not the cheapest but the Peugeot accessory sensors are very good. Not come across any problems with them myself.
Techal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-14, 04:16 PM   #3
Inactive User

Do you know how much Peugeot charge?

Old 07-09-14, 04:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper075 View Post
Anyone recommend rear parking sensors for the 207? Thanks
Hi mate,

Check out the guide i posted a couple of months back. It will show you where to put them, and which wires to use.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ensors-110098/

Here are the sensors that i used. Dont let the low price put you off. These sensors have thousands of excellent reviews, and are still working fine on my car now. The components for these devices are very simple and worth just pence.

Pick the matt black, and put them in the bumper trim strip. Little tip. Get some back to black and give it a good clean and polish before you do. Otherwise the sensors look a bit out of place. I back to black it after i had fit the sensors and was worried about damaging them

Reverse Rear Parking Sensor Aid Kit with Audio Buzzer Alarm 4 Reversing Sensors | eBay

Let me know if you need any help mate
PaddyC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-14, 06:37 AM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks for the info. Very detailed and your work looks great.
PaulMillard likes this.
Old 20-10-14, 07:48 PM   #6
Inactive User

Sorry to butt in, but I was wondering, is there any way to get aftermarket sensors to work with the cars own dash display at all which shows the little picture of the car reversing if you have the OEM sensors fitted, instead of having to use a separate display screen or just relying on beeping?

Also, if I'm going to attach them to the matt black bumper panel on the back of the car, what's the handiest way to drill the hole for them? Does the set come with a drill bit which cuts the correct size, or is it a case of measuring the size required and drilling with a normal drill bit and moving it in a circle shape until it is the right size?

Cheers!
PaddyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-10-14, 02:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyC View Post
Sorry to butt in, but I was wondering, is there any way to get aftermarket sensors to work with the cars own dash display at all which shows the little picture of the car reversing if you have the OEM sensors fitted, instead of having to use a separate display screen or just relying on beeping?

Also, if I'm going to attach them to the matt black bumper panel on the back of the car, what's the handiest way to drill the hole for them? Does the set come with a drill bit which cuts the correct size, or is it a case of measuring the size required and drilling with a normal drill bit and moving it in a circle shape until it is the right size?

Cheers!
Hi Mate,

I read one thread on here where someone was looking at getting that working. It was never finished I believe. It would theoretically be possible. I noticed that the loom for my sensors was in fact in place in my car.

However I believe you would need the original Peugeot Sensors, and the Peugeot Reverse Sensors ECU (which i do not believe you can buy).

So you would have to dig around the scrap yard, find the parts, fit them and use PP or Diagbox to program them into the car.

That compared to the 15 I paid seemed like a lot of messing around. To be honest, I'm not sure that I would like a screen at the front of the car. Don't get me wrong the beeping is very handy... but I also like to look which way I am driving

As for the drilling, the sensors I recommended in my thread came with a hole - saw drill attachment. This creates the holes for you at the perfect size, if you try and use a drill bit I would imagine you will get a very imperfect hole and the sensors would be loose or aligned incorrectly.

I took the bumper off to do mine, not because I had to, but because I wanted to, and on my car it is extremely easy. No tools required! I wanted to route the cables the best way possible and make sure that I drilled into the correct area.

The drill attachment I received had a drill that stuck out further than the hole saw (see below)

I took the bumper off and used the small drill to mark where I wanted the hole, drilling from back to front (using the holes for standard sensors as a guide.) However I didn't go all the way through.

I then placed the drill in the small hole, and drilled the hole for the sensor from front to back. This made sure that any burred edges were on the rear side of the bumper where they were not in the way of the sensors I was fitting.

Hope this all makes sense and that it helps you out.
PaddyC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-10-14, 03:04 PM   #8
Inactive User

you could try and wait for a genuine Peugeot kit to come up on eBay or at a scrapyard or something but they are few and far between I imagine, I managed to get one for my 407 (just to replace the ECU) and it cost me 100..... so unless you think it's worth all that extra money you'd be better off buying the aftermarket kit and the drill bit

incidentally a few days ago I wouldn't have had a clue how to drill a hole the right sixe either but as I was clearing some of my dad's stuff out the garage at the weekend I came across a few of these drill bits
Old 21-10-14, 04:20 PM   #9
Inactive User

If it will require at least a hundred quid and messing about in PP, then buying the 15 eBay ones and relying on a beep should be enough.

I have a mechanic friend who does odd jobs for me with the car, so I'll look into getting the matt black eBay ones and he can drill the holes and fit them and wire them up for me. I'd probably electrocute myself and destroy the bumper if I tried!
Old 21-10-14, 04:29 PM   #10
Inactive User

Just checking, the eBay listing mentions the possibility of having to fit a relay as some cars do not provide the 12v power when in reverse, did you find this was the case with your 207?

Where exactly did you connect it up to the power of the car? Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in