Windscreen wiper fault on 2007 Boxer 2.2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-18, 08:50 AM   #1

Default Windscreen wiper fault on 2007 Boxer 2.2

We have got an intermittant fault on the windscreen wipers on our Boxer Van. They operate for about 20 mins then stop. If we stop the van in a layby and start again, the wipers come on but stop again after 5 mins, tried all combinations of the wiper stock to see if the fault is in the stock switch but fault seems random. Van has done 55,000 miles and was one of the early "new style" vans which suffered from water pouring in through a badly sealed scuttle under the windscreen. Our van was resealed and various covers put in by the dealer to protect the wiper motor (DVLA recall)

Any suggestion as where to look for fault, so far I have identified a couple of possible areas, these being the fuses at the RHS of steering wheel and possible wiring loom going to the wiper motor but not found anything yet.

Many thanks
dieseljohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-18, 02:34 PM   #2

Does it work on the fast position? Mine packed in on the slow position but still worked on the fast. New motor sorted it.
E7 58reg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-18, 03:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E7 58reg View Post
Does it work on the fast position? Mine packed in on the slow position but still worked on the fast. New motor sorted it.
Just checked and wiper motor ran on single wipe, slow setting and fast setting and on off without problem then it stopped dead which makes me think it is some form of thermal trip or connection getting hot. It seems now that it wont work att all which is not a bad thing if I take it into the dealer.

Old 02-03-19, 03:49 PM   #4

Hi, did you resolve this issue? I have something similar on my 407 thanks.
chippie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-19, 06:56 PM   #5

Default Problem found

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippie View Post
Hi, did you resolve this issue? I have something similar on my 407 thanks.
Hi, yes found the problem, I should have come back and posted what we found but could not reset my password at the time.

The fault was down to the multi connector plug which fitted onto the wiper motor. One of the pins was badly burned in both the motor and the plug which meant a new motor and new plug. Our local garage tried to buy a new plug with tails from Peugeot but Peugeot would only supply a complete loom but they managed to source a repair plug with 150 mm tails from a guy in Poland through eBay.

I think part of the problem was down to water getting into the connector due to the awful design of the bonnet and scuttle area of the Boxer cab. Water just poured in but although we got is "sort of " fixed it was a bit of a botch. Boxer 2007 was a pretty poor design in terms of Juddering in reverse due to bad gearbox design, creaking springs due to being under rated, Not fit to be taken out in the rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in