Well fed up - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-08, 04:43 PM   #1

Angry Well fed up

I bought a 2.0 ltr hdi Expert with only 55,000 miles on the clock and it has been throwing out water from the expansion tank only when the engine is being driven.
I booked it into the garage and guess what 300 labour and 250 parts for the pleasure.
I am having the following done:
Head removed
Crack pressure test and skim
Refit head
New head set and head gasket
New head bolts
Full cambelt kit (gates)
New water pump (had this done just incase)
Oil and filter
Anti freeze etc

Any comments
fasteddie155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-08, 12:40 AM   #2

uve had ya pants down. thats all i can think of to say, un-lucky pal
Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-08, 06:33 PM   #3
ash
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie155
I bought a 2.0 ltr hdi Expert with only 55,000 miles on the clock and it has been throwing out water from the expansion tank only when the engine is being driven.
I booked it into the garage and guess what 300 labour and 250 parts for the pleasure.
I am having the following done:
Head removed
Crack pressure test and skim
Refit head
New head set and head gasket
New head bolts
Full cambelt kit (gates)
New water pump (had this done just incase)
Oil and filter
Anti freeze etc

Any comments

ive heard this happen to ppl with audis, bmws and american cars
ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-11-08, 08:34 AM   #4

Angry

ok got the thing back and guess what more problems.
I went up the road from the garage and wow did it fly then about 2 miles down the road i came to a t juction, went to pull off and the orange engine managment light came on and the van went into safe mode as if the turbo was not there. Took it back and they said it had gone into safe mode but had cleared itself so they reset the light and on my way i went, got home parked up.
Next day went up the road 1 mile and on came the light and safe mode again so i ran it and about a day later it cleared and the light went off.
Yesterday the light came on into safe mode again but really struggled to get the thing to move, so limped to the garage 5 miles away and after having sweaty pants got to the garage and pulled onto the drive and it stopped dead.
On restarting the thing it was running like a bag of spanners with the pressure all over the place. They said they think its the pump in the tank but told me to change the fuel filter first which i am going todo today and then if this does not work get a on tank pump.
I have a scrap yard close and wonder which car shares the pump / sendor unit as they have plenty of cars but no vans.
Any help at this stage would help as its getting close to an insurance job.
fasteddie155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-02-09, 07:05 PM   #5
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to andetti Send a message via Yahoo to andetti Send a message via Skype™ to andetti

1. You got a new head put in by a pegueot dealer I guess, so it should be running perfectly and should not be going into safe mode unless you are driving it hard, if not keep bring it back until it is right. It should be fixed at no extra cost to you. Thats your right

2. After a new head has been fitted you should take it easy and not drive it hard for the first 500 miles to let the engine settle in. Don't rev it over 3000 rpm.Treat it like it's a new engine.

Not an expert but hope this helps
andetti
andetti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-03-09, 10:29 PM   #6

Shame, you were unlucky. But look on the bright side, my 2004 Boxer, bought from new, and FSH with a Peugeot dealer, just cost me 950 for 2 front wheel bearings and 2 rear brake cylinders. That's at 57,000 miles and it's never driven hard.
The offside wheel bearing was replaced at 21,000 under warranty.
So really your cost is not as bad as it could have been.
Did you take it to a dealer?
boristhemoggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-03-09, 11:18 PM   #7

What do you mean throwing out water.If you suspected a cylinder head problem,you could have done a couple of checks to save taking the head off.A hose or your radiator could be leaking for all anyone knows.
Anyways,for all the work you got done,it seems to me you got a bargain,as i was 320 for a timing belt/water pump change only.
Good luck with your new problems btw
theunderling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in