Temperature fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-14, 01:03 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Temperature fault

I have a motorhome based on a Boxer 2.2 diesel, and keep getting repeat alarms for high coolant temperature. After a few seconds however the alarm cancels and the gauge returns to normal. The local dealers changed the temperature sensor, however this has not cured the fault. They now say that they are unable to do anything else as they cannot replicate the fault in the workshop and so it is not covered by the warranty. Anyone else had a similar problem and if so how did you get it fixed?

Regards
Neil
hinckleyram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-14, 08:29 PM   #2
Inactive User

I did have similar problem on my '98 2.5TD motorhome.
It just went up into the red one day and the temperature warning light came on.
The engine wasn't being stressed at the time and then it was OK.
The fan switch on the bottom of the radiator has 3 male pins. The connector that connects to it has 3 female pins. The female pins are a box construction to allow them to grip onto the male pins of the sensor. In my case the female pins were corroded and not complete and so not gripping, although at first glance looked OK.
I couldn't find another female connector so I soldered 3 wires onto the sensor and sleeved them up and then cut off the plug with the broken females in it and then crimped the sensor wires leads to the cut off loom wires.

andytw
andytw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-14, 08:36 PM   #3

older stuff has a totally different fan control system later ones controlled by the ecu

Old 12-08-14, 09:23 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
older stuff has a totally different fan control system later ones controlled by the ecu
Yep, should have realised it is a newer vehicle as it is under warranty
andytw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-08-14, 08:20 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytw View Post
I did have similar problem on my '98 2.5TD motorhome.
It just went up into the red one day and the temperature warning light came on.
The engine wasn't being stressed at the time and then it was OK.
The fan switch on the bottom of the radiator has 3 male pins. The connector that connects to it has 3 female pins. The female pins are a box construction to allow them to grip onto the male pins of the sensor. In my case the female pins were corroded and not complete and so not gripping, although at first glance looked OK.
I couldn't find another female connector so I soldered 3 wires onto the sensor and sleeved them up and then cut off the plug with the broken females in it and then crimped the sensor wires leads to the cut off loom wires.

andytw
Thanks for the feedback. I've got it booked into a different dealer today for a second opinion so I'll let them know what you had to say. It may be a different vehicle but you never know!

Regards
Neil
hinckleyram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in