steering query - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-14, 09:40 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default steering query

Hi all need a little help today i thought i had cured my steering problem it felt like the van was drifting no and then when i drive it a garage opposite where i work had a look over it and showed me that the track rod ends had play in them so i had them replaced, it is better but i still have it wander a little also now and then as i accelerate it feels like it is pulling to the right when i take my foot of the gas the pulling stops but it don't happen all the time.does any one have any thoughts on what it could be. this is more of an annoying problem than an bad one as the van still drives ok
diyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-04-14, 08:31 AM   #2

I hope they reset the tracking after changing the rod ends??? Your description sounds like it's towing out.
Also if there is movement in a lower arm bush it could give this symptom.It can be difficult to identify movement with the wheels off the ground and the suspension arms dropped to full travel.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-04-14, 07:54 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the reply tracking was done after the track rod ends were fitted i will try and get the lower arm bushes checked. i think this may be a process of elimination and change all the bushes, would it help if i change the drop link bars. the only other thing i can think of is if i had a weak engine or gearbox mount. its the slight move to the right i can't work out i can be doing 30 and when i accelerate i feel it pull slightly and drop back when i decelerate
thanks again for the views and the reply.

Old 27-04-14, 11:24 AM   #4

Drop links should not effect the steering,worn ones just knock over bumps.
Same with engine mounts,unless one is completely broken causing the g/box/ drive shafts to be out of line.

A worn drive shaft CV will affect the steering.Of course unless its obvious with the gaiter split and the CV dry and rattling? it can be difficult to decide which drive shaft to replace.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-14, 06:40 PM   #5
Inactive User

when i purchased the van the owner told me that he had to replace one of the drive shafts, so i might get under and have a look self got a bank holiday coming up so will have a bit more time. just wondering if he had it from a breakers yard and got the wrong one i saw this message about the boxer drive shaft NOTE: ONLY DRIVE SHAFTS FITTED WITH
THE ABS OPTION ARE SOLD,
IN THE CASE OF A VEHICLE NOT FITTED
WITH THE ABS OPTION,
REMOVE THE SONIC WHEEL AT THE END OF THE STUB AXLE

and my van is the none turbo and have never noticed the abs light so i assume it is not fitted.

thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in