Peugeot Boxer base Motorhome - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-19, 05:46 PM   #1

Default Peugeot Boxer base Motorhome

Can’t get engine to start, have been told it could be due to a problem with Throttle Actuator??
Any advice?
Currently in Spain!
Debfry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-19, 05:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfry View Post
Can’t get engine to start, have been told it could be due to a problem with Throttle Actuator??
Any advice?
Currently in Spain!
also same as fiat ducato van
Old 07-02-19, 06:03 PM   #3

Got a fiat(Iveco) based m-home. Need more details. Does it crank, can you hear the starter solenoid kick in, does it fire up at all.....
Pluggit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-19, 06:32 PM   #4

Hi
It turns over but doesn’t start?
Even when I press excelarator?
Plenty of battery!
Old 07-02-19, 07:31 PM   #5

Im just fishing around for info.. I presume its a post 85yr so it will have a coded ignition key. Have you changed the battery in the fob/key. Has this suddenly happened overnight or has it been creeping up just now and then over time. I cant think of anything on that engine that would cause it to just...fail.. A dodgy accelerator actuator shouldnt stop it starting - an immobiliser would though..
Old 07-02-19, 08:26 PM   #6

Nope haven’t changed any fob batteries!
I had the engine management light come on while I was driving to Benidorm from Gibraltar 3 weeks ago, had a guy come with a fault detector gadget it showed a fault with throttle but everything seemed fine I hadn’t had any problems whilst driving so he turned the light off. Beginning of this week I thought I’d just turn the engine over for 10/15 mins like I usually do but it wouldn’t start and have been trying every day but nothing? Seems like I’ll have to call on the breakdown cover!!
Old 07-02-19, 09:16 PM   #7

Just as a matter of course, change the battery in the fob/starter key. A throttle sensor shouldnt disdable starting as a rule. Engine management light is coming on for a reason but it could be something quite simple like a bad connection on a multiplug to one of the sensors or the engine computer. Its a bit of a minefield to be honest. There is so much to go wrong on a modern engine. What year is it ? I would get it to a peugeot independent dealer and get a Peugeot Planet diagnostic session done on it and get some live(engine running) data to narrow it down. I may well be what your engineer is saying but its a bit vague at the moment.
Old 07-02-19, 10:17 PM   #8

Thank you for taking the time to keep replying to me! I'll try changing the fob battery but that won't mess up any of the locking functions or codes will it? Not that I really understand any of that! Oh and it's an 08 plate.
I'm not sure how I would get it to a Peugeot garage for those checks if I can't start it??
I'm sure I'll be calling the breakdown out, at least they can then tow or arrange getting it to a garage somehow?
Old 08-02-19, 08:31 AM   #9

Im just trying to think what engine it is. Its either the PSA 2.3ltr or 2.8ltr. It COULD be the crankshaft sensor - that is a pretty common problem and would cause it to refuse to start at all. It may just be the plug that feeds it. They can wear on the pins or just get water in from the road if the seal fails. I think you ll find its something silly but you need to have it on a proper Peugeot Planet diagnostics run as a matter of course. Not sure if the Crank sensor shows up as a fault but everything else does. Just thought, the key may only have the chip inside it. That doesnt need a battery so you may only find a tiny little plastic chip. DONT LOSE IT or you are up the creek! but if there is a battery, change it anyway. Time to get it on the recovery to a Peugeot dealer..
Old 08-02-19, 08:41 AM   #10

It’s a fraction under 3litre engine I believe sorry to sound vague! I’m afraid I’m a put the key in and if it goes that’s great person!! ��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in