Peugeot boxer 350 lx 2.2 hdi misses around 3000 rpm with black smoke - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-16, 10:00 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot boxer 350 lx 2.2 hdi misses around 3000 rpm with black smoke

Hi all, few months ago i bought a peugeot boxer 2.2 hdi to turn into campervan,soon after it developed loss of power at around 3000 rpm with black gushing smoke, i managed to get it home but on way it started cutting out and i had to wait a few minutes start it drive a while then it would happen again anyways had the fault codes read said it was a few thing so had the injector done the deisel pump done and after that it wouldnt start fault code read was the imobiliser so had that wiped of ecu and shes up and running well so i thought was driving it home from garrage got in the motorway at around 65 nearly 3000 rpm a loud ticking sound with loss of power and black smoke gushing out again slow down or take it out of gear back to normall until i get back to or near 3000rpm and it happens again every time. Theres no lights cumming up on dash anymore so no fault codes to be read it drives perfect under 3000 rpm or close to it.the same happens if i rev it on a stand still it just starts to make a missing sound and black smoke again puzzling me took it to a few garages now but get a different answer everytime.any ideas would be much appreciated thanks in advance.
shaneo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-06-16, 03:21 PM   #2

Try one of the ford transit forums as they share the 2.2 engine as its actually a ford engine and they are more plentyful in transits so you will get more info on the myriad of problems these engines suffer from.

Be warned there is not much good news
Old 13-06-16, 10:13 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi mate i done what you said and posted on a transit forum and got the reply of, they didnt use this engine in transits they use a 2.2 in the mk 7 onwards but different engine to this one.they said mine is a psa dw12 engine it uses a bosch edc15 fuel management system same engine goes in peugeot 607, 807, 4007 the citroen c5, c6, c8 and c crosser any help of anyone will be much apreciated. Ive attached a photo of my engine so its alot clearer what were talking about.kind regards
Attached Thumbnails
2.2-hdi-engine.jpg  

Old 14-06-16, 08:03 AM   #4

OK that is a DW12 but its not the same as th c5 807 etc as they are 16 valve engines yours is 8 valve and van specific you did not say age of van i assumed later type boxer that does use transit engine.

You need to see the fuel pressure at 3k revs but its more likely loosing boost due to a vacuum issue as the turbo is vacuum controlled when the boost cuts the fuel does not hence the black smoke.

It is more like a 406 engine to be honest as it is a bigger version of the early DW10 engine and works in the same way with vacuum controlled wastegate and EGR system
Old 14-06-16, 11:07 AM   #5
Inactive User

Ok makes sense to me sorrybfor not puting year of van up my fault,were would you suggest i start how do check fuel pressure at 3000 rpm any advice much appreciated
Old 14-06-16, 11:11 AM   #6
Inactive User

Ive noticed a blow from around exhaust manifold would that cause it something ive overlooked
Old 14-06-16, 11:22 AM   #7

You can check the fuel pressure using Peugeot Planet - search for a member local to you using this thread , contact them and see if they can help you out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-16, 11:40 AM   #8
Inactive User

Ive found one on here in cardiff but i have to post more than 20 posts before i can message them think is name was ayel
Old 14-06-16, 11:46 AM   #9

You can post junk posts on the link below to bring your post count up to 20

Need 20 posts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-16, 12:06 PM   #10
Inactive User

Thanks for that bud in will message him now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in