partner 52 plate wont rev up - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-07, 05:29 PM   #1

Default partner 52 plate wont rev up

i have a 02 plate partner van with a 2.0 hdi diesel engine that wont rev up. it starts and ticks over fine and showing no fault codes but wont rev up. Has anyone any ideas please?
sidney109 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-07, 08:43 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney109
i have a 02 plate partner van with a 2.0 hdi diesel engine that wont rev up. it starts and ticks over fine and showing no fault codes but wont rev up. Has anyone any ideas please?

Can the van be driven,does it misfire or have a rough or irregular idle?
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-07, 11:32 PM   #3

the van drives fine but wont rev past 1000 revs

Old 03-10-07, 02:16 PM   #4

it idles fine with no coughs or splutters but just wont rev
Old 23-10-07, 07:38 PM   #5

Unhappy

Hi, I have same fault with my peugeot boxer 2.5 non tubo diesel van. The engine will tick over very low idle but will not accelerate unless a small squirt of EZ start used to boost reves, then it will pick up and accelerate fine. If the revs go below about 1300rpm it will die again and just tick over. I have owned many different Citroens and diesel vehicles (these engines are very similar), always diy but have never came accross such a bazzar fault.
I have checked fuel line (no blocks or leaks), I have replaced fuel filter and sensor gizmo on bottom of filter bowl (what does that actually do?), all filter seals replaced, connections on injector pump look ok (but don't know what they do, it is a Bosh pump).
Don't know what else to do, think it could be somthing simple but have no more ideas.
PLEASE, can anyone help.
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-13, 07:51 AM   #6
Inactive User

Default 2.0 hdi wont rev!!!

Hi, this may be some use .I have boxer van, wouldnt rev over 1500 rpm, there is a small vacume pump that operates a butterfly valve that lets air in to the engine.....its connected by way of a small plastic arm with cup on the end that clips on to a ball at valve end...this ball socket can come of (unclip)thus not letting air in to the engine...thus wont rev....simple fix ....clip it back on....affects 2.0...2.2 hdi models....if it wont stay on cut a small piece of cloth half inc square place it over ball end and clip cup on...works!!
jujitsuguru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in