non starting boxer - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-17, 09:46 AM   #1

Default non starting boxer

Hi to all i am a newbee at this at the age of 65.
quite a dis-beleiver my boxer broke down in a petrol station in the uk.
after travelling 400 miles across the uk i pulled into a petrol station and stopped the vehicle 05 the year 2.2hdi deisel.
However it would not start again.
AA (greatest mechanics i know) say both deisel pumps working but must be other problem.
Tow to garage
garage sais Fuel pumps working but we just cannot start it.
tow to main agent
Mainagent sais
cant fix it too old too complicated and too expensive whilst trying to flog me a new one.
ME p----
Have towed it to my old home in the uk and its is now adorning the front drive
if it does not start it is facing the road for the scrappers.
However i had the same problem with the last two boxers and a good land rover mechanic fixed them for me.
However years have passed and he moved on so I am looking for others to replace him and find out what i have to change to start this.
Any suggestions will be welcome I am 69 years old and the last motor i mechanicked was a mk2 Zodiac back in the sixties.
can anyone help me?
Regards
Boroughmal1
Boroughmal1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-09-17, 10:01 AM   #2

Its nearly always a wiring issue or the key is not being recognised problem is your van is a hybrid of fiat and peugeot technology so the usual checks that work on a car dont always work the same on the vans.

Try a few camper forums as these are common bases for campers.
Old 24-09-17, 11:03 AM   #3

Thanks for that but i was thinking its about time to replace and write each item off
I am going for basic.
New fuel filter
take of pumps and wash them out and then
filter the deisel.
After the two profs telling me the pump is allright the service agent at main dealer said the impellor in the pump was toast so it might just help.
to put in new ones, unless someone knows otherwise
ta mal
Boroughmal1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 24-09-17, 11:49 AM   #4

In all honesty the pumps are pretty tough the tank ones sometimes fail but you know they have failed as you cant hear them
The engine one is very reliable and rarely fails wiring TO the pumps sensors etc is far more likely or the key codes are not being read.

Replacing things for the sake of it rarely works to be honest and i would never believe a main dealers opinion they are the worst at diagnosing faults !!

There are many things it could be but without proper diagnostics you will be wasting your time there are many things that can be checked with diagnostics including the fuel pressure delivered by the pumps even on a non starting engine as if the pumps are ok you will get good fuel pressure if they are not ok you wont there is no way of checking it without proper diagnostics live data NOT CODES
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in