new boxer roof recall (cracks) in roof - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-08, 06:50 PM   #1

Thumbs down new boxer roof recall (cracks) in roof

hi any one with the new boxer needs to be aware of a recall on the rear roof if using a roof rack! the recall no is ynp and was issued in june 08 for all vehicles there is a major problem as the supporting brakets are not reinforced and under load cracks strart appering on spot welds!!! if left the rear of vans whole structure is not supported like mine and massive cracks appear in roof!
peugeot are under court action from myself to this matter as a struktual engineer has inspected and advised a whole bodyshell needed but realistickly a new van should be supplied!! pug wont answer calls return call nothing, the dealer st peters in worcs has been helpfull but still pug ho rubbish, litigation and trading standards are now the only way
anyone with this van please check rear of roof for any signs of cracks/damage i have the recall program if needed plus lots of usefull stuff on it now! they are hiding hopeing it will go away but it wont
why did i buy this
alex
alexacs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-08-08, 07:32 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hello I owned the citreon Relay (made in the same factory of cause) They sent me a letter about 4 weeks ago saying that I cannot put more than 150kg including roof rack on top, seems a bit useless
lemonjelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-09, 01:05 AM   #3

Default roof cracks

hi could you forward this recall info to me as ive just bought one of these and the dealer is telling me to fit a full welded builders rack!!i know these are mega heavy and dont want any down time with it!!so i can get a list of items for them to fix

cheers
advance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-10, 05:56 PM   #4
Inactive User

Good point there.I pick up my 07 plate van tomorrow (08/04)and it has a full rack on it already .Do you have the details on the recall so that I check this out as I intend to use the rack a lot ?

Cheers

mike
mikezhivago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in