New Boxer oil consumption - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-13, 05:25 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default New Boxer oil consumption

Hi guys I got a new Boxer in april and at around 3000 miles the oil level indicator showed one block down so I topped up with 0.5 liter of oil then around 6000 miles I got a message "check oil level" and again it needed another 0.5 liter. I am waiting to see what happens at 9000 mile but surely this is not right, a friend who has had the Citroen equivilant for two years says he has never had to top up his oil.

Has anyone else had any experience of this?
DaveJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-13, 05:29 PM   #2
Inactive User

I have a VW engined Mitsubishi lancer and in the 1st 12000 miles it used 11 liters of oil and at 31000 miles it has used over 25 and it is normal apparently ! It goes in 3 weeks :-)))

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
407 mad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-13, 06:22 PM   #3
Inactive User

All new results come with a bottle of oil :-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-07-13, 07:02 PM   #4

The last two new company cars I've had both used oil and it seems that it is the norm. An article on the BBC website regarding DPF's stated that all engines these days burn a little oil

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-13, 07:08 PM   #5
Inactive User

VW say 1 liter every 800 is ok

Old 08-07-13, 07:09 PM   #6

Wow this makes me feel old years ago 300 miles a pint now 3000 miles a pint, at first I thought you were pleased but you feel that's a lot.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-13, 01:30 PM   #7
Inactive User

Sorry forgot to say it is the 2.2 with the Ford engine. As I said my friends Citroen Relay with the same engine has never needed oil. My last van (Vauxhall Movano) never used a drop between services.
Old 10-07-13, 07:58 AM   #8
Inactive User

I had about 7 or 8 VW's brand new on 6 month leases from work, all with the 1.9TDi engine. One of them used oil at about 1 litre every 1000 miles. I was told this was within normal limits. All of the others never used a drop.
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-13, 06:41 PM   #9
Inactive User

I have not reported it yet I was trying to gauge if it might be normal. It does not help when the oil is 10 a litre. I am using Mobil1 5W-30 ESP formula, no one had the recommended brand, but this is the one Mobil list.
Old 20-07-13, 04:12 PM   #10

Is it brand new? My old 57 reg used to use half a litre every 12000 miles but bare it mind it had done 250000 miles.

Do you check it on the dipstick? Don't just take the display off dash. If it was one block down then half a litre is too much.

Overfill an engine and you could possible stop the oil draining back from the turbo to the sump and all it will do is force it out the turbo seals and hence use more oil.

Just check under the inlet manifold to see if its covered in oil and also the egr pipe that's go into the inlet manifold to see if oil dripping from there plus the turbo pipes into the intercooler.

Also last thing the egr valve when shot can cause oil loss problems by causing too much pressure in turbo and oil blows by the seals too

Hope this helps some what

Jon
johnnym1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in