Immobised during ignition - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-13, 08:09 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Immobised during ignition

3l Boxer 2009, horse box conversion. Using the LX key, unlocked, inserted key, half turn, all dash check as usual, turn for ignition and all cuts out, as if the immobiliser has engaged. Key wont then lock the door, no power. jumped it with no prob, runs fine, then 3 days later did it again. And 2 days later again. I thought I might be pressing the lock function on the key as I turned it and this was somehow related, but yesterday did it with much care and clunk. Spoke to Equitrek who did the conversion and they know nothing, my garage trying to get it to do it again. Any ideas I can pass on to them?
Normat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-06-13, 08:19 AM   #2
davidireland

Get a proper peugeot diagnostic check done. Post up the faults and we can help. These vsns suffer hugely from wiring issues. Post up faults and i should have a better idea.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-13, 09:55 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi, took the Boxer to Peugeot to run diagnostic and have been told there is no error recorded on the computer. I dont understand how it could immobilise on three occasions and not record a fault. They are hanging onto it overnight in the hope it will evidence the fault in the morning. Any thoughts?

Old 25-06-13, 10:52 PM   #4

Im reading this as if you loose all power when you turn key fully round to start is this correct ?
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-06-13, 08:08 AM   #5
Inactive User

Default Immobilised!

Yes, key turns to half, all dash lights as per normal, continue turn, everything dead. Not battery, and the diagnostic said no fault had been recorded. I don't know how this works, but I'm curious as to how I could have a dead van which had to be jump started and the computer does not record any fault. By the way, when jumped, all electrics clunk back when lead attached, then start on first turn. Hasn't done it now for about 10 starts, but as I set off to pick up horses at 7 in the morning, not good to think it just might and Peugeot not able to identify!
Old 26-06-13, 08:20 AM   #6
davidireland

Which way did you jump start it? Where exactly did you fit the jump leads? Don't worry theres a specific reason im asking.

As I said wiring on these vans is total sh1t.
Old 26-06-13, 09:29 AM   #7
Inactive User

First time, via bonnet connectors, by the garage. 2nd and 3rd time, on the battery, as the farmer doing it insisted that was better. The battery has so many additional bits of wiring attached, only one by Equitrek for the internal box lights.
Old 26-06-13, 09:33 PM   #8
Inactive User

Not a reply, just an update. Peugeot cannot identify a fault, started several times, will not reproduce fault. Say battery fine, solenoid in starter fine, immobiliser fine. Suggested I try to film the fault next time it happens. So keep the camera rolling every time I turn the key. Obvious really. Any thoughts on starter motor not making a connection? On carrying a battery in the back to jump it with? Size? On pulling out hair and booking in for the stress induced heart problems? On the joys of experiencing first world problems? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 27-06-13, 07:14 PM   #9

It sounds to me like electrics are shutting off completely due to starter load so the only logical thing is a bad connection on battery or a bad earth lead on engine/body this is why no fault is stored as there is no fault as far as the computer is concerned someone is turning the power off

It is NOT the immobiliser immobiliser would allow cranking and not cut all power and when key turned back there would still be power.

It is battery related in some way but without seeing cannot be more help be carefull with jumpstarts too they can cause problems
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-13, 07:34 PM   #10
davidireland

I've had a one van that was jump started using the wiper linkage as earth. The whole wiring loom along the bulkhead had fused together. Thats why im asking specifically how it was jumpstarted. There is an earth point on the bonnet slam panel with a sticker along side it but no one look at or uses it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in