HELP! - Boxer speed signal - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-17, 12:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Question HELP! - Boxer speed signal

Hi All

I have a Boxer 3.0hdi 4050kg that has been downplated to 3500kg.

I now no longer need the digital tachograph and am trying to bypass it - I need some help.

This is what I have found so far...

1) If I simply remove the digital tachograph then all if ok BUT I have no speedometer
2) If use some jumpers across the pins on the tachograph connectors to give 12v to the speed sensor and pass the speed sensor pulse input to the tachograph speed pulse output the speedo works but is around 10x the speed I am moving - i.e. 3mph become 30 ish...

So I have worked out that is unhelpful.

I then took the van for a drive with the tachograph taken out (so no speedo reading) and used my ODB2 tool to display the vehicle speed from the ECU parameter and also the GPS speed. The ECU speed was correct and matched the GPS speed +/- 1-2mph which is fine.

Therefore...

My vehicle must have both the standard speed sensor to feed the ECU and an alternative one for the Tachograph.

Does anyone know the output pin on the ECU that would normally go to the speedo to provide its speed pulse so that I can wire directly form that to the speedo.

Any help would be great.

Last edited by Biochemist; 28-04-17 at 01:22 PM.
Biochemist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-17, 03:27 PM   #2

Speedo signal wont come from the ecu it comes from an ABS sensor via the ABS through the BSI then to the speedo BUT your van is a peugeot/fiat hybrid using some of both manufacturers parts so it may not even have a BSI !
Old 28-04-17, 06:14 PM   #3
Inactive User

Interesting!

Where would I find the BSI module... if it were not some PSA parts bin special!! I can then loom to see if it is there or not ?
Biochemist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-04-17, 07:38 PM   #4

Its not a PSA parts bin special it is a sevel sud product built in italy using mostly fiat parts

The sevel nord plant in france makes vans that are more peugeot than fiat
Old 28-04-17, 08:50 PM   #5

I don't know if this will help or not but I have fitted taxi meters in a few psa vehicles, these need a speed signal to function. Some I have found a speed signal wire at the radio harness and used that, but others have the speed signal through the can bus system. Easy way I get round this is you can buy a can bus speed signal interface, connect it up as per instructions & it gives you a few can bus controlled outputs. On my expert I have a stalk adapter interface which does the same thing. It gives me ignition positive, speed signal, reversing lights live (for camera) and illumination live.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Ian Mallett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in