Heater fan permantly live - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-15, 02:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Heater fan permantly live

Firstly - Hello everyone - I'm new to this forum from today.

I've just bought a used Boxer campervan and I'm very pleased with it, but I have noticed the heater blower is not fed via the ignition switch, ie I can switch on the blower even with no key in the ignition. This is fine as long as I remember to switch the blower off, but presumably this is not meant to be the way it should work. Before I go tracing wiring etc does anyone know of a common fault that could cause this?

Damn! First post and I've already made a typo (Permanently)

Last edited by heraldsteve; 12-04-15 at 02:08 PM.
heraldsteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-15, 01:25 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default Peugeot parTner 1.6 HDI 2007 heater

Hi the heater on the above vehicle is only blowing on the highest fan setting and is also blowing cold.
pikeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-15, 07:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldsteve View Post
Firstly - Hello everyone - I'm new to this forum from today.

I've just bought a used Boxer campervan and I'm very pleased with it, but I have noticed the heater blower is not fed via the ignition switch, ie I can switch on the blower even with no key in the ignition. This is fine as long as I remember to switch the blower off, but presumably this is not meant to be the way it should work. Before I go tracing wiring etc does anyone know of a common fault that could cause this?

Damn! First post and I've already made a typo (Permanently)
I'd guess on a previous owner altering the wiring to enable the heater to run without the engine running thinking they could have warm air blowing. Probably couldn't be bothered putting it back when they found out the warm air soon goes cold without the water pump circulating the water through the matrix.

As you say - it's fine as it is as long as you remember to switch it off when taking the key out. I'd be tempted to try and wire it up correctly or as a last resort, wire in a relay switched by an ignition controlled live feed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in