Gear selection problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-09, 10:02 PM   #1

Default Gear selection problems

Hi
Gear selection on my 2004 2.0 HDI Boxer swb has got increasingly worse over the last year, to the point where I can no longer get 5th or reverse gear.
I took it into a French Peugeot centre, who eventually sent me to a larger centre due to the size of the motorhome, they sent me to a Citroen centre, who sent me to another Citroen centre who pretended they couldn't speak English.When I said Passage le vitesses est difficile, they tried to sell me some WD40.
So, I'm currently stuck in France with no reverse gear and no way of finding someone to fix it.Can someone offer a glimmer of hope please?
The problem by the way, is that teh gear stick simply does not move far enough to the left to engage reverse. To select 5th, I have to use both hands and the strength of my arms to move the stick to the right far enough to select 5th.
Yes all the connecting mechanics underneath have been sprayed with lubricant on several occasions and there is no kink that I can see in th control cable.

Last edited by boristhemoggy; 18-07-09 at 10:07 PM.
boristhemoggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-07-09, 07:50 AM   #2
Inactive User

well it sounds like the tranny is ok and the clutch because you can though hard get all the gears so your problem sounds like linkage adjustment,

im not familiar with the boxer setup but from what I know it should have adjustable links,

only words the french understand is euros
pugbod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-07-09, 11:40 PM   #3

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Old 20-07-09, 12:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugbod
well it sounds like the tranny is ok and the clutch because you can though hard get all the gears so your problem sounds like linkage adjustment,

im not familiar with the boxer setup but from what I know it should have adjustable links,

only words the french understand is euros
Well it is incredibly expensive in France right now, probably the outcome of having so many countries share one currency. Duh.
Anyway, I just can't find anywhere to adjust this. If anyone can tell me how I'd be extremely grateful.
Old 03-02-13, 12:17 AM   #5

I got this resolved by the way.
Apparently it's a known issue where water leaks down over the linkage and corrodes it, restricting it's movement.
A Peugeot garage cleaned and lubed it all and said they fitted some sort of baffle to protect against it happening in the future.
Hope that helps if anyone else gets the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in