Campervan conversion - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-12, 07:00 PM   #1

Default Campervan conversion

Thought I'd start a thread for anyone trying to convert their Peugeot van into a campervan!

I'll get the ball rolling.

I've got a 2010 Expert Van (L1 H1 HDi 90) which I picked up from a dealer (ex-lease, one owner) in pretty good condition for 8.4k (7k+VAT)

So far I've given it a good clean out - replaced a few scratched internal/external surrounds, etc and insulated, ply lined and carpeted it throughout.

I'm an outdoors person so I'm looking for something to take to the mountains and use as a base for walking/climbing. It's pretty much good to go now (with an airbed, sleeping bag, etc). Eventually I'd like a bespoke conversion but only when money allows!

Problem I've come across so far include:

1) Switching out the double passenger seat for a single (to allow access from the front to the back) - complicated by the seatbelt pretensioner in the middle seat (see https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...arnings-26718/)

2) I've used a rather dark carpet which makes the back a bit grim - should have used a much lighter grey. Am thinking about putting in some rear windows with 100% privacy glass.

3) It's cold! Despite the interior work, without a decent heater it's cold up them mountains A roof vent would give me a bit more security when using gas appliances.

Anyway, would love to hear from others battling through similar issues. I'll be honest and say that I really wanted a VW T4/T5 - mainly because hundreds have been converted before and there's so much help and advice about - but the money was just too much. Anyway, I love my Expert now
Stepto likes this.
214342 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-12-12, 07:05 PM   #2
davidireland

Your better off without the grief of a VW anyway

Sent from my GT-S5690
214342 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-12-12, 07:09 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi there,

I did some conversion work on the previous model...

to 3)
Good isolation on the floor is essential. I used 2 times 15mm insulation foam plus a decent high grade caret on top.
For the windows suction cups and cotton liner. Helps against cold draft.
Cold inside? Heck... get yourself a decent down sleeping bag....

Cheers and a good one....

Mike
214342 and Stepto like this.
michael1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 31-12-12, 07:11 PM   #4

Cheers Mike

I used this stuff:

Campervan Insulation | CampervanConversion.co.uk

Which I'm not altogether convinced was up to the job but too late to go back now!

Definitely need a new sleeping bag - or another duvet
Old 01-01-13, 11:09 AM   #5
davidireland

If you're wiring up electrics up in the back eg an inverter, lighting it would be interesting to post up a few pics of the project. I'm very interested in doing a camper conversion at some stage.
214342 likes this.
Old 01-01-13, 11:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
If you're wiring up electrics up in the back eg an inverter, lighting it would be interesting to post up a few pics of the project. I'm very interested in doing a camper conversion at some stage.
Will do. Currently trying to find a good location for a 110amp leisure battery - hoping to try and squeeze it in the engine compartment! As it's only a small vehicle there won't be much going on but want to be able to run a couple of lights, inverter and possibly water pump in the future. Plus will possibly be stationery for a few days.
Old 01-01-13, 11:27 AM   #7
davidireland

I had a campervan VW(heap) LT35 in New Zealand and the leisure battery was fitted under the the bed in a vented box made of fibreglass. Don't know how it charged as there would have been a nice voltage drop between the engine and where it was located pretty much at the rear. This van was 6.5m long.
Old 01-01-13, 11:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
I had a campervan VW(heap) LT35 in New Zealand and the leisure battery was fitted under the the bed in a vented box made of fibreglass. Don't know how it charged as there would have been a nice voltage drop between the engine and where it was located pretty much at the rear. This van was 6.5m long.
Yeah most end up being located somewhere in the back (also seen in between front seats too) but they're not small and as you say, need a decent box and venting. I've was quite surprised with the amount of room in the engine compartment (certainly compared to the first and second gen Experts I've seen pics of!) - probably helped by the main battery being under the driver's seat - so that's still my first plan - when I get round to it
Old 01-01-13, 12:22 PM   #9
Inactive User

Hi mate, I wanted a camper van last year but the prices are mad, so I built myself one, in fact I built two last year, the first a Renault traffic, the second in a pugeot boxer, as I wanted more room.
If you have any questions let me know, will post you some pics later,
davidireland, 214342 and Stepto like this.
Johnt_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-13, 02:49 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default traffic pics

this is the first one i built, i will upload the boxer when i can, where do you live, as i have the tools to cut the windows out.
cheers john
Attached Thumbnails
dscn0143.jpg   dscn0156.jpg   dscn0162.jpg   dscn0160.jpg   dscn0154.jpg  

Stepto likes this.
Johnt_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in