Boxer van help needed urgently please rear brakes locking on - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-16, 11:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Boxer van help needed urgently please rear brakes locking on

Hi I have a problem on the 2002 2.8 hdi boxer. The handbrake cable snapped but I have replaced it now. Today while parking on a big hill my hand brake stuck on and van wouldn't move drove slowly and it freed up. But while driving home it locked on really bad and handbrake is hard to pull up. Can the shoes be locking up in the drums. I know the boxer has discs and pads on the back too. I am new to the boxer. But I am pretty good with a spanner and can do most things on the van. Just need to know where to look.
Many thanks in advance
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-16, 12:35 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
Hi I have a problem on the 2002 2.8 hdi boxer. The handbrake cable snapped but I have replaced it now. Today while parking on a big hill my hand brake stuck on and van wouldn't move drove slowly and it freed up. But while driving home it locked on really bad and handbrake is hard to pull up. Can the shoes be locking up in the drums. I know the boxer has discs and pads on the back too. I am new to the boxer. But I am pretty good with a spanner and can do most things on the van. Just need to know where to look.
Many thanks in advance
While on the flat with engine off and in gear and a brick either side of front wheels, have someone take hand brake off and put back on and see if the cable moves on the disc if it does and the leaver on the caliper does not move then it's the caliper sticking if the cable does not move then pull it when handbrake is off and if it feels stiff it's the cable
Old 10-06-16, 08:32 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
While on the flat with engine off and in gear and a brick either side of front wheels, have someone take hand brake off and put back on and see if the cable moves on the disc if it does and the leaver on the caliper does not move then it's the caliper sticking if the cable does not move then pull it when handbrake is off and if it feels stiff it's the cable
Hi thanks took the rear wheels off and found the brake shoes knackered and also the fittings was broke for shoes. Fitted new shoes and fittings. Touch wood all good now.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in