Boxer Electric Windows AND Central Locking stoped working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-11, 09:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Boxer Electric Windows AND Central Locking stoped working

Hello All,

Van details: Boxer 350lx Hdi Lwb (High Roof), 2006 (06)

I have been running this van for 18 months now with no problems at all.

One day last week I couldn't open the central locking using the Remote Key Fob? I also found that locking and unlocking the drivers door from the inside by pulling the knob up and down didn't lock or unlock the passanger and rear doors like it normally did?

At exactly the same time the Electric Windows have stopped working. Neither the controls on the drivers door or the control on the passanger door. There is no clicking noises from a Relay that I can hear. The electric wing mirror controls are still working fine.

I have checked all the fuses and all are fine, I also believe that there is no single fuse that would have effected both the windows and the central locking, they seem to have seperate fuses.

I have had the panel off the drivers door and checked the wiring the best I can but can find no problem, there is no obvious broken wires leading from the door in to the dash area.

Can anyone please advise on any 'relay' or wiring that is common to both functions and could be the problem? Does anyone have any clues what to look for next?

I have tried finding a wiring diagram but have had no luck at all. Can anyone tell me where I can get the wiring diagram so I can try to trace the cause myself.

Any help at all would be very very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Last edited by markpline; 18-07-11 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Trying to correct spelling of 'stopped' in title
markpline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-11-11, 09:05 AM   #2
Inactive User

Hi

I have had the same problem twice recently.
The first was after my clutch was replaced and there was a bad earth/connection that caused the issue. It then happened about 3 months later and Peugeot mentioned that it was a fuse that had caused both.

Cheers
Vansurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-11, 12:25 PM   #3
Inactive User

Might need BSi reset .

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Old 29-11-11, 08:42 PM   #4
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige65 View Post
Might need BSi reset .

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.
This is a Fiat body computer. Not a BSI as such.
Don't think this procedure works.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-11-11, 08:44 PM   #5
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpline View Post
Hello All,

Van details: Boxer 350lx Hdi Lwb (High Roof), 2006 (06)

I have been running this van for 18 months now with no problems at all.

One day last week I couldn't open the central locking using the Remote Key Fob? I also found that locking and unlocking the drivers door from the inside by pulling the knob up and down didn't lock or unlock the passanger and rear doors like it normally did?

At exactly the same time the Electric Windows have stopped working. Neither the controls on the drivers door or the control on the passanger door. There is no clicking noises from a Relay that I can hear. The electric wing mirror controls are still working fine.

I have checked all the fuses and all are fine, I also believe that there is no single fuse that would have effected both the windows and the central locking, they seem to have seperate fuses.

I have had the panel off the drivers door and checked the wiring the best I can but can find no problem, there is no obvious broken wires leading from the door in to the dash area.

Can anyone please advise on any 'relay' or wiring that is common to both functions and could be the problem? Does anyone have any clues what to look for next?

I have tried finding a wiring diagram but have had no luck at all. Can anyone tell me where I can get the wiring diagram so I can try to trace the cause myself.

Any help at all would be very very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Mark
Post/pm me chassis number and i'll look up wiring diagram for you.
Old 29-11-11, 08:53 PM   #6
Inactive User

David you made same mistake as me its an old post
Old 29-11-11, 09:09 PM   #7
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige65 View Post
David you made same mistake as me its an old post
How does that happen?
Old 12-05-12, 07:07 PM   #8

I have this problem now, I believe the fault is on the central locking. I've managed to get them working again albeit briefly by disconnecting the battery.
I'm wondering if removing the central locking fuse will allow me to bypass the problem, I can live without central locking, but I really need the windows working.

Has anyone else come across this problem and worked out the cause?

Ta
Pug boxter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-12, 08:52 PM   #9

Anyone know where the earth for this fault is located please? I have the ends of the dash off and have only found a couple of earth mounting points.
Old 31-05-12, 10:38 AM   #10

I know the windows and door locks are on 20amp fuses, I don't know which are which though. Whilst checking for power at the fuses one side of one was showing 1 volt, all the others were zero. Should I be concerned about the 1 volt draw?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in