Boxer aerial replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-15, 12:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Boxer aerial replacement

Hi does anyone know how I get to the mounting nut on the Boxer's aerial base? I have tried removing the over windscreen shelf but there is a steel beam in the way of getting to the aerial. Do I have to strip the whole roof lining out so I can remove that beam or can I remove the over cab shelf and get in from above?

Thanks Dave
DaveJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-15, 06:23 PM   #2
Inactive User

Have to drop the headlining I'm afraid. Unless someone else knows of a short cut.
Techal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-04-15, 02:49 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks as long as I know that will work I will have to get it done it seems crazy to do so much work to get to one nut holding the aerial. My old Vauxhall you just had to unbolt one sun visor and the nut was behind the mounting.
As I drive on a lot of narrow lanes with overhanging trees my aerials all ways get battered.
DaveJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-04-15, 06:49 AM   #4

Why not just fit one of those aerials that stick along the inside of the windscreen. seems a lot of work that you'll have to do to replace the original and it won't get damaged by trees or bushes either.

Car Hidden Internal Glass Windscreen Mount Radio Amplifier Aerial Antenna | eBay
E7 58reg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-07-17, 07:13 AM   #5
Inactive User

Default Peugeot Boxer hightop aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ5 View Post
Thanks as long as I know that will work I will have to get it done it seems crazy to do so much work to get to one nut holding the aerial. My old Vauxhall you just had to unbolt one sun visor and the nut was behind the mounting.
As I drive on a lot of narrow lanes with overhanging trees my aerials all ways get battered.
Hi Dave, almost spot on, here's how. Remove all headlining handles and visors and overhead shelf, remove centre plastic divider (2 x 10mm hex), unclip the three or four push fit retaining clips using a flat bladed screwdriver or similar, remove side trims from cab, and lower the front of the head lining (no need to remove rear of headlining). Undo four small allen bolts retaining overhead parcel shelf. From the rear of the cab, remove the phillips screws retaining the rear of the overhead parcel shelf and remove the entire shelf.
Unbolt the antiroll bar from the front (2 x 10mm hex bolts), and you can now access the 10mm aerial retaining nut.
Took me three nights to suss this one out, and I'm at a loss why a manufacturer would make something likely to break during it's life so difficult to repair.
DJCharlyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in