Boxer 320 lwb 2.5 td - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-11, 12:07 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Boxer 320 lwb 2.5 td

well first of all i just want to say hello I am new to the forum so please be gentle i have just bought a boxer 2.5td 320 lwb 2000 with and exsiting fault in the previous owners own words:

VAN STARTS, RUNS AND DRIVES

ENGINE: WHILST THE VAN STARTS AND RUNS IT ONLY RUNS ON 3 CYLINDERS PESSURISING THE SUMP AND PUSHING OIL OVER AND OUT THE DIPSTICK. THE OIL IS NOT CONTAMINATED WITH WATER AND VICE VERSA THE WATER IS NOT CONTAMINATED WITH OIL. I SUSPECT THAT IT HAS PUT A HOLE IN A PISTON. I REITERATE THAT I SUSPECT THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM AS THERE ARE NO NASTY NOISES IT JUST RUNS ON 3 CYLINDERS PRESSURISING THE SUMP.

Could you guys and girls out there please give me your opinion what you think may be the problem i intend to check the compression on all cylinders and see where that takes me also can anyone tell me what size compression tool i need for this engine I believe it's a dj5t

any other suggestions please do not hesitate to add
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-11, 12:19 PM   #2

no doubt "davidireland" is your man for this.

but in any case welcome to the forum

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-11, 12:24 PM   #3
Inactive User

cheers bud hopefully he comes back to me

Old 11-03-11, 01:34 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cck2k9
no doubt "davidireland" is your man for this.

but in any case welcome to the forum

many thanks
Old 11-03-11, 06:41 PM   #5
davidireland

Do a compression test. That will tell a lot.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-03-11, 05:29 PM   #6
Inactive User

Firstly as I only just bought this made a bit of a boo boo it's not a turbo it's just a 2.5 dj5 engine right have done a compression test and cylinder one from the left is very low I have removed the head and camshaft as I was talking everything apart I dismantled the airfilter housing and it was drenched in oil in fact had to drain the housing off I filled the head with petrol there are signs of leakage on the 1st 3rd and fourth cylinder valves as for the cylinders themselves i did the same thing left the fuel in for half an hour and no leakage so I left it for another hour and still no leakage from any of the cylinders so I left it over night 1 3 and four had no fuel left in them but two still had a little fuel in it so?????? I have sent the the head to be resurfaced and the valves to be re seated is there anything else before I put it all back together and still have the same problem

Last edited by busaboy; 21-03-11 at 05:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in