95 Boxer Mondial Swift Camper electric relay - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-19, 11:54 AM   #1

Default 95 Boxer Mondial Swift Camper electric relay

Hi everyone. My Peugeot Boxer camper was working fine for 5 years. But at present I have no power to the rear. Ignition on and van running I have 12v power to lights etc. Turn engine off, no power to rear. Wiring diagram shows 3 relays, a double relay box under the bonnet near top of wing on drivers side so close to top of wing that I cannot remove them. Tested the colour coded wiring from the relays with multimeter and all is fine. The 3rd relay on the diagram I cannot find under the bonnet or behind switching unit or fuse board. Does anyone know the position of this 3rd relay? As I am pretty certain that this is the cause of no rear power when engine is off. This is a 95 model 2.5 diesel with 100a lead crystal leisure battery (which is also not charging now) Many thanks. Pete
Pete Long is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-19, 12:10 PM   #2

You have no power to rear because your rear battery is not charging the rear power generally comes from the leasure battery and when the engine is running the split charge relay sends power to the battery and this will power the rear.

From your description it sounds to me like the split charge relay is working but the power is not getting to the battery i may be wrong but that is how most are wired up including my old talbot.

Have you a zig control unit in rear 1 of the switches may be in wrong place.
Old 04-07-19, 12:20 PM   #3

I have a '95 Symphony which is very similar in layout to the Mondial.
I had a similar problem to yours which turned out to be a blown 35amp fuse under the bonnet. The fuse had blown because the liesure battery had died and the alternator was pushing lots of power trying to charge it.

My liesure battery is under the driver's seat, there is also a fusebox under there.

HTH
Frank
Traficman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-19, 12:56 PM   #4

reliable406 Thanks for the reply. I googled zig unit and I don't have one of those, just the switching unit in the rear to send power to front cab, rear etc and the water pump switch on the same panel and water gauges/ battery gauges. Battery gauge for rear shows dead, I am charging the Lead crystal right now.
Old 04-07-19, 12:59 PM   #5

Trafficman, thanks for the reply. The fuses that I can find are all OK. My leisure battery is also under the drivers seat but no fuse board there, only an inline fuse on the live which is OK. Still looking for the elusive 3rd relay though.
Old 04-07-19, 01:16 PM   #6

Default Update

Leisure battery is on charge. Leads disconnected. Started van and there is no power at all to the leisure battery leads! Alternator checked and good output.
Old 04-07-19, 01:42 PM   #7

Under the bonnet on mine, on the bulkhead, there is this fusebox:

There is also this fuse, tucked up under the wing - difficult to see unless you look for it:

I realise that your van may be different but ...?

Please excuse the muck - its Waxoyl

HTH
Frank
Old 04-07-19, 02:55 PM   #8

When van is running you should have 12 volts on the leisure battery terminals if not the battery wont charge the 3rd relay you speak of may well be wired to isolate the leisure battery when engine is off without seeing the diagram its hard to say.
Old 05-07-19, 04:15 PM   #9

Today the leisure battery is fully charged, meter in the back still showing dead battery. I took my jump lead from the + of the battery to the meter ad it still didn't move, so I thought bad earth on the leisure battery, I connected a jump lead to the neg terminal, clipped it to the door lock and, hey presto, everything works now. So it was just a dodgy earth all along!
I just want to thank you guys so much for the information and help which assisted with me coming to this conclusion. Well done, I am one happy camper again now!
Old 05-07-19, 04:35 PM   #10

Good to hear that you managed to find the problem.
Well done!

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in