2.2 HDI 130 bhp Boxer on 2013 Autocruise Van Conversion - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans > Boxer
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-19, 09:47 PM   #1

Default 2.2 HDI 130 bhp Boxer on 2013 Autocruise Van Conversion

Hi

Grateful if anyone can help for ordering spares.

Is this the 2.2 Ford PUMA engine?

What is the engine designation and where is the Engine No. located as the number is not stated in the Reg. document or service manual.

Is the camshaft belt or chain driven as all I see from above and below is the alternator and steering pump/water pump drive belts.

Thanks

Billy Nicolson
beelag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-01-19, 09:58 PM   #2

Yes its a ford engine chain driven cams but dont sigh a sigh of relief as they have problems aplenty
Old 20-01-19, 06:02 PM   #3

Cheers for quick reply but now you've made me curious on potential problems with this power unit. What may I be in for!

I run it all year through unlike some campers who lay them up all winter. There is just over 30k on clock I do about 7k a year.

Only slight problem so far is a very slow loss of coolant, maybe 2 -3 top ups a year. I keep level in bottom third of MIN MAX limits because if I top it up to MAX it seems to lose it more quickly until it gets to about a third from MIN where it then settles with only very gradual loss.
No visible signs of leakage at hose joints, water pump etc although I have not yet used a pressurized test set to check.

All info and hints appreciated.
Cheers
Billy

Old 12-02-19, 06:46 PM   #4

Hi

While having a look around with the van on the pit I found what looks like engine designation/number "dot engraved" on bottom of engine side of bell housing casting in this form:

BK2Q-6U004-AA
15/05/13
DXXXX

Hope it helps anyone else puzzled where to find it
Old 12-02-19, 06:59 PM   #5

Forgot to add that I found coolant leak to be a tiny bit of weepage at bottom right hand corner of radiator near to bottom hose boss.
Hard to see where exactly but its not from the hose to boss connection, looks more like its from the bond of radiator plastic side panel to the water channel.

Not planning to do anything about it as it only uses about a litre every 4000 miles or so but keep a close eye on any worsening.

I'm a quite happy because when I could not see any leakage from hoses, connections, heater matrix, water pump etc I was beginning to think head gasket!

Billy
Old 12-02-19, 07:28 PM   #6

The BK9Q number is fords part number for the block

The D should have 3 more letters after it this would be the version code but neither is an engine number as such but if it has D then numbers this will be the engine number
Old 12-02-19, 07:44 PM   #7

Ah, spot the uninitiated novice.

Yes the D has four numbers following it. I only put in X's so as not to give away my exact engine number in case some tea leaf inserts it on a hot motor, not that I'm suspicious or anything!!
or think that all the good folks on the forum are anything other than dead straight.

Thanks for the info

Cheers man

Billy
Old 12-02-19, 08:40 PM   #8

So your thinking someone would do something with your engine number half the transits in the country have the wrong engine in them !

Hot motors as you call them get exported or fitted without changing anything they just make them hard to read deliberately they certainly would not go trawling forums for a number !
Old 14-02-19, 07:43 PM   #9

Ah don't know about much of that kind stuff up here in Far North, not a big issue here, just me being over cautious. More instances of sheep rustling in these parts than vehicle crime ha ha.

So whats the story with people blanking number plates when they are showing photos of motors for sale on Gumtree and ebay, just curious.

Cheers
Old 15-02-19, 04:48 PM   #10

These people are simply paranoid and think that someone will clone their car and go steal petrol rob a bank go on a speeding spree whatever its just paranoia if someone wants to clone a car they can just pick 1 from anywhere i have never understood the paranoia and in my opinion it looks like they are trying to hide something !
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in